What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Coolant sensor

metromrx

Reaction score
hi I have been to a garage, who want to charge me 180.00 to have coolant sensor replaced, they say the have to drain coolant. is this correct and is 180.00 sound right please

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
hi I have been to a garage, who want to charge me 180.00 to have coolant sensor replaced, they say the have to drain coolant. is this correct and is 180.00 sound right please
Is this the coolant temp sensor or the level sensor?

metromrx

Reaction score
Hi the message says top up engine coolant plus message says engine fault need repair. garage says sensor needs changing.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi the message says top up engine coolant plus message says engine fault need repair. garage says sensor needs changing.
You can disconnect the coolant level sensor it’s located in the expansion tank and see if the warning message disappears you may have to clear the fault via a scan tool though.
If it is this it’s so easy to replace.

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
I believe if you're replacing the sensor altogether, the coolant reservoir does need drained entirely. My stupid sensor likes to pop up every now and then to tell me to top my coolant up, but the levels are absolutely fine so I'm just ignoring it for now.

No idea on the cost of that being done unfortunately, but there's a decent how to video on youtube here: 1.6 THP coolant sensor (1306J0) replacement 🔧 - YouTube

Pedro

Reaction score
Assuming its the level sensor try cleaning all the gunge off the tips of the sensor if your replacing it you only need to remove around half a tankful I used a syringe to syphon off the amount needed to change mine & you need to replace it with the same part a Bosch or Cartier as some cheaper OEM parts won't be compatible