What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Coolant pump

A

Anonymous

Hi, for a while now the 'engine repair required' warning light has sporadically come on and off and then over this last weekend and week has been mainly on. If the warning light did not come on at start up it was triggered at about 3500rpm and 75 miles an hour.

I have a 2010 launch model 156BHP which I have had from new with 24000 miles on the clock.

I grimaced but agreed to the £98 diagnostic charge at the Peugeot garage.

They have just called to say that the coolant turbo P2600 has failed and needs replacing. They say the diagnostic 'recommends' replacing the coolant pump and then to do a retest.

At a cost of 'all in' £423.29 which includes today's diagnostic.

As I know nothing about cars can someone reassure me that a) this sounds likely and that b) the cost is somewhere in the right area?

Thankyou
Angela

Sanity

Reaction score
Sorry can't help you on the errors but you can always call one or two pug services and ask what they would charge.
If anyone is cheaper talk to your garage again and see what they can do.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Angela,
I've not heard that the turbo has a separate coolant pump? :eusa-think:
But at a cost of £98 for the diagnostic sounds very pricy to me I would look for a second opinion if I were you I also don't like the way they said "The computer recommends " they should know weather a part needs replacing or not too many on here have changed parts that the diagnostic has recommended changing and drove away from the dealers with the same problem!

I also have a Launch edition wer'e a rare breed only 36 of the 200 in the UK!

Have you had the timing chain and associated parts replaced yet?
Had to have mine done at 17k miles it's a very common problem and can throw up dashboard warnings if it's throwing the timing out.

Hope you get it sorted quickly and cheaply keep us informed good luck :thumbup:

frankvdb

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Hi Angela,
... I also don't like the way they said "The computer recommends " they should know weather a part needs replacing or not too many on here have changed parts that the diagnostic has recommended changing and drove away from the dealers with the same problem!

A

Anonymous

:? So an update to my problem - my coolant pump was replaced at a cost of £480.

Yesterday I had the first opportunity to go above 50mph sine collection and yes - you've guessed it - 'engine failure - repair needed' as I reached approx. 72-75mph and went into limp mode.

I drove to the garage and today have been given this information.

The new fault is completely different to the new fault.

The coolant turbo did need replacing.

Replacing the coolant turbo threw up the new fault!!!

SO NOW

the thermostat housing needs replacing £302.88

then they know is another fault - but they can't determine that fault under the thermostat housing is fixed

then there will need to be more diagnostics - four hours work - so the thermostat housing + labour + diagnostics will be £686.88

THEN
They will be able to determine the next fault

WHICH

worse case scenario will be the controlled solenoid and boost sensor all for the gran possible total of £842.60 with no apparent guarantee that everything will then be ok

This on a 2010 RCZ that I have had from new - has done 24000 miles and has a full service history.

I know nothing at all about cars so all advice and thoughts and recommendations would be really welcome at this point.

Thankyou in advance and hope

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry to hear your still having problems but what amazes me the most and why I think you should look for a deferent dealer is that they let you take the car away without even doing a test drive first to make sure your car was repaired the fault sorted and your car was safe to drive totally unprofessional!!! As I've said before these technicians are just PC's (Part Changers) they haven't a clue what's wrong they'll just change parts until they drop on the right one!
I'd be giving your dealer some right ear bashing for letting you take the car away without them testing it first.

Hope things get sorted for you keep us informed how you get on :eusa-think: