What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Coolant alarm

Dr.Crust

Reaction score
Hey guys, first of all sorry for my english, isn't very good but I'll do my best.

I'm having an issue with my RCZ 2013, I got him on April this year, everything good until 2 months ago when the ignition coil broke down (got that done changing the coil), 2 weeks ago the car started to pop-up the "Coolant level" alarm, I checkd if there any evident leak and I didn't found any, except from a little crack in the Cap of the coolant tank (changed it last friday).
Up today it keeps poping the alarm up, I'm checking the water level daily and it loses a little bit everyday, no evident leak and the cap is new, chekd the oil and it doesn't seems like the water is going there (no strange color or smell), Never felt the smell of coolant inside the car when I'm driving.

Any suggestion? D:?

(PD: Today I Realized that when I'm driving on highway like 120 km/h, and the alarm pop-ups, if I hit the break the alarm goes out for a few mins (sometimes forever)! it could be maybe something with the position of the coolant?).

Thanks for suggestions and comments!

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine used to say that until I fitted a new level sensor.
Cheap and takes literally 5 minutes.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Dr.Crust

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
Mine used to say that until I fitted a new level sensor.
Cheap and takes literally 5 minutes.

But if the level sensor is “broken”, it could leak coolant?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Physically damaged, yes.
Or if it's been removed and the sealing ring damaged.

Thermostat housings can leak.

didier66

Reaction score
Hello,
I had already discussed this problem in August 2016 on another issue.
I had a temperature alert, the needle in the red, several times running at 90 km / h or 130 km / h stabilized.
After an alert on the dashboard (Christmas tree) telling me to move to the nearest dealership, here's what I said on August 22, 2016

"warning temperature in alarm
engine fault on the dashboard
I go directly to Peugeot CC North Dijon.
I get my car in the late afternoon for 28 €, the price of a cleaning product of the cooling system after changing the temperature probe at the expense of Peugeot (defect being recalled).

here it is not more complicated

Dr.Crust

Reaction score
Nice, I’ll give a try on changing the sensor.

The awful thing is that here in Chile, taking your car on the official service costs 160 (euro) aprox ONLY for diagnosis Dx so I’m trying to figure this by myself (and non-official workshops)

Dr.Crust

Reaction score
Hey everyone, we finally figured this out, after several weeks of inspection we found a leak near the thermostate, we changed the water pump (leaking too) and the thermostate waterbox, 3 weeks ago.
Until now, no more isaues with coolant level.
Thanks for the help!