What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Continental sport contact 7

turboguy

Reaction score
Tempted to replace the rear with these after seeing the review and how much of an improve over michelin 4s. Also a lot cheaper as well.
Has anyone tried them?

indoldn

Reaction score
I went with them as couldn't stretch my budget to PS4S. I am comparing to previous tyres which were over 7 years old so not a fair comparison and have never had the pleasure of PS4S. Mine is only a THP200 and I didn't think I would notice and might just be placebo effect but I can feel I have more more now grip during spirited drive. As you mentioned, these are a lot cheaper in comparison to PS4S now.

Kerr

Reaction score
Not tried them, but Continental are a premium tyre manufacturer.

If the price is good I would go with them.

turboguy

Reaction score
seen several videos of them being tested on a very wet track and a dry track and it out performed the 4s easily, which really surprised me.

indoldn

Reaction score
seen several videos of them being tested on a very wet track and a dry track and it out performed the 4s easily, which really surprised me.
Watched tyrereviews.com and a couple of other ones and were surprised as well. However, I guess PS4S were first released back in 2017 so about time other manufacturer caught up. Plus good for us consumers if there were more great tyres to choose from.

turboguy

Reaction score
at last getting 2 new rear tyres to replace the cheapies with these contact 7 ;) to be fitted this saturday

Kerr

Reaction score
at last getting 2 new rear tyres to replace the cheapies with these contact 7 ;) to be fitted this saturday
Are you going to put them on the back, or go with them on the front?

I know the advice is best tyres on the back, but the front does so much work on the R I'd want the best to the front.

I've ordered Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 6. I liked the older Goodyears, but I felt they were a little too soft on the sidewall for good steering. The 6s are extra load so I hope that helps.

Tests show they trade category wins with the Continental 7.

Last edited:

turboguy

Reaction score
I have 2 pilot 4 S on the front and the continentals are going on the back. So both are really good tyres :cool:

turboguy

Reaction score
Been on for a couple of weeks and the car is so much more grippier with these on the rear, as the old Accelera tyres which were put on by the dealer really sucks. I can take the multiple S bends at greater speed in the morning when travelling to work. ;)

Pondering

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance .. but why do you not have the same tyres on back n front ?

turboguy

Reaction score
As long as they are in pair ie front/back are the same its fine to mix front/ back.
Also I am not going to bin pilot 4s tyres as most places are charging closer towards £280 a tyre, even though continentals are considered better but are slightly cheaper. meaning I paid around £1k for 4 tyres ;). Just dont put inferior tyres on a car if you intend to drive it fast. Its fine if its the shopping car 😂

Kerr

Reaction score
As long as they are in pair ie front/back are the same its fine to mix front/ back.
Also I am not going to bin pilot 4s tyres as most places are charging closer towards £280 a tyre, even though continentals are considered better but are slightly cheaper. meaning I paid around £1k for 4 tyres ;). Just dont put inferior tyres on a car if you intend to drive it fast. Its fine if its the shopping car 😂

I agree that mixing is fine to a certain degree. You've got two good pairs of tyres on each axle and that is fine.

Mixing premium and budget is a big issue.

Coming from BMWs many owners had replaced a pair of runflats with normal tyres. The characteristics of the car were all over the place.

Pondering

Reaction score
I did know that you have to have the same tyre on each axle , i just thought for some reason you lot like to have different front n back lol ,
Im still looking for mine ,
Hoping maybe February , i havent even driven one yet so who knows i may hate it ......Nahhh

Aussiercz

Reaction score
I’ve just changed my tyres from the original Conti contact 3 to Bridgestone Potenza Sport (235 x40 X 19 inch 96Y). Wow they are great. The originals very old (although heaps of tread and in otherwise good condition because I’ve only done 22000 km in 12 years). I wanted Michelin Pilot Sport 5 but there is a five month wait for those in Australia. Happy with the new Potenzas though and got 4 for the price of 3.

Aussiercz

Reaction score
No sure why I’m coming up as a new member. I joined in 2010! Must have got wiped when the revamped the site some time ago.

Aussiercz

Reaction score
That’s a pity. I had some really entertaining conversations with Heather and Scarlet back in 2010 when I was waiting for my beauty to be delivered ( the first one to be ordered and delivered to Oz). It arrived in December 2010. Still have it and love it just as much now. Hoping like hell the timing chain doesn’t go!!

Aussiercz

Reaction score
They still come up as anonymous! Look for cars called Pearl and Phoebe and a discussion about surfing surrounded by great white sharks

Aussiercz

Reaction score
Have a search for waiting patiently, Heather, Scarlett, Phoebe, Pearl, Freddie, Flash, and white pointers.

Those were the days. RCZ new to the market and everyone extremely enamoured. Although it was only 13 years ago, a lot of the conversation would cancelled today. SIgh……………….…….