What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Consumer advice

A

Anonymous

Hi,

First post, be gentle.

While I am waiting for my RCZ to be delivered, my girlfriend has bought herself a second hand TT roadster (boo! hiss!).

She bought this 2 weeks ago and we've noticed a slow puncture. On sunday I took the wheel off to have a proper look at it and noticed that there has been some whelding on the inside of the rim. A pretty shoddy job and this appears to (a) have cracked, and (b) made some holes in the tyre.

The car was sold with a 12 month mechanical failure warranty. I would assume the warranty doesnt cover this, but can we get the 2nd hand car dealer on selling the car in not a fit state? On the warranty he has signed to say the car is sold with no problems.....

Thanks

Matt

A

Anonymous

oh yes just mention trading standards to him and he should sort it instantly as its a defect and unroadworthy.

A

Anonymous

Yeah he offered to replace the wheel. Pretty sure he will just take the wheel off another TT he has for sale and put the defective one on the other car for some other unlucky punter :(

Anyway we're driving up there to get it replaced this afternoon. Weather permitting. Anyone know what Uxbridge is like this morning?