What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

constant issue

chapperz1990

Reaction score
i am new to the forum however i have had my RCZ for just over 2 years and it was running fine until about 3 months ago, EML came on with code P1337, i had all 4 coil packs and plugs changed drove good for about a week thdm EML came on again problem with the o2 sensor, had this replaced runs good for another week or so continue to drive EML came on again this time fault was HPFP and temp sensor, had both replaced drove perfect for aroumd a month then surprise surprise EML came on again fault being P1337 again so had all 4 coils changed again agaim drove lovely for around another month and EML comes on again with P1337 as the fault took it back to the garage had these replaced again on warrenty and told must be an underlying problem with the car but they were sure what! drove the car away and now 2 days later EML has come on for 4th time with P1337.... it cant be a problem with the coil packs HPFP or any of the sensor as none of it is over 2000 miles old.... has anyone else had a prolem like this or can advise what might be the underlying issue peugeot don't seem to have the answer too? im at mu wits end after spending thousands and not having it sorted please help!​

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this may sound like a long shot but there have been instances where electrical issues that have thrown up faults relating to plugs and coil packs and poor running have eventually been attributed to a poor battery, if you haven’t already changed it and don’t know it’s age it’s worth a try.
There are old posts relating to this if you try searching for them.

BEADY

Reaction score
Very interesting Neil Have had problems in last few months and today the dreaded clicking of a dud battery as I tried to start her
Fortunately on 5 mins from home in a car park so rang breakdown people and walked home RAC called later met them at the car and they put a new battery on
Whilst chatting seemed hopeful this may put right some of my faults too so I wholeheartedly agree with your view :)

Pauls7777

Reaction score
I am a wannabe newbie but have may years experience on Smart forums and might just have another angle for you.

Smart electrical issues were often resolved by upgrading the earth strap(s) as the originals were definitely bought to a budget - a relatively low cost option to consider

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I am a wannabe newbie but have may years experience on Smart forums and might just have another angle for you.

Smart electrical issues were often resolved by upgrading the earth strap(s) as the originals were definitely bought to a budget - a relatively low cost option to consider
Thanks for the info worth looking into 👍