What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Considering Purchasing

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I'm currently considering investing in a Peugeot RCZ 163hp Diesel. I would like your expert opinion on the following items:

• I'm quite tall, 6ft, 4in. Any other tall owners out there ? Any problems with the footwell or seat position on long journeys ?

I do about 25K miles a year, with alot of motorway driving, is the RCZ a good candidate for this type of usage ?

I know Peugeot say over 50mpg on a combined cycle, is this over stated in your opinion ?

The 19inch alloys, what type of tyres do these take, I've heard scary figures of over £250 for replacements, are there decent cheaper alternatives ?

Anyone done 30K miles +, if so, how is the car holding up ?
Thanks in advance for your help here, just would like some experienced drivers opinions as apposed to magazine reviews.

Cheers,

A

Anonymous

mine is a gt hdi returns about 55 on average sometimes up to 60. great on motorways. im 5ft 8 and lot of room but like my seat set on highest position. you would probably need low setting. nearing 20,000 without any major probs. have a test drive in one at a main dealers and then decide.

A

Anonymous

5ft 11" here Lawrence HDI is my company car I've done 27,000 miles since December getting 45.5mpg all motorway ... and only 3 points on my licence :law-policered:

New front corners but the rear are fine still

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Im 6ft3 and find the RCZ has plenty of room and the ride quality is good even with the 19s. I used to drive a Mazda 6 Sport and I have to say I prefer the ride of the RCZ and I would say that there is more room in the front cabin in the RCZ. I don't even as the seat right back as I wouldn't be able to reach the peddles lol :lol:

I have the HDi version and the fuel economy is outstanding ;)

Consider no more, DO IT!!!!

A

Anonymous

Couldn't agree more. My GT Hdi is just amazing on fuel and let's not mention the cheap tax & insurance! I'm nearly on 20,000 had to replace the 2 front tyres Pirelli P zeros £380 fitted not bad for kwik fit. Not sure about anyone else but I'm 5ft 9 have noticed on long journeys my left leg ends up resting on the centre console which can become fairly annoying when it's rubbing the whole journey.

A

Anonymous

Rczmk said:
Couldn't agree more. My GT Hdi is just amazing on fuel and let's not mention the cheap tax & insurance! I'm nearly on 20,000 had to replace the 2 front tyres Pirelli P zeros £380 fitted not bad for kwik fit. Not sure about anyone else but I'm 5ft 9 have noticed on long journeys my left leg ends up resting on the centre console which can become fairly annoying when it's rubbing the whole journey.

you got a great deal from kwik fit £380 for 2 tyres i have just shopped about and they are asking for £250 a corner...........and upwards.pirelli p zeros where £280 a corner :(

A

Anonymous

coughlam said:
Hi,
I'm currently considering investing in a Peugeot RCZ 163hp Diesel. I would like your expert opinion on the following items:

• I'm quite tall, 6ft, 4in. Any other tall owners out there ? Any problems with the footwell or seat position on long journeys ?

I do about 25K miles a year, with alot of motorway driving, is the RCZ a good candidate for this type of usage ?

I know Peugeot say over 50mpg on a combined cycle, is this over stated in your opinion ?

The 19inch alloys, what type of tyres do these take, I've heard scary figures of over £250 for replacements, are there decent cheaper alternatives ?

Anyone done 30K miles +, if so, how is the car holding up ?
Thanks in advance for your help here, just would like some experienced drivers opinions as apposed to magazine reviews.

Cheers,

I can only offer an opinion on the tyre question as i have a petrol engine that does very little local only mileage and i'm no where near 6' 4" :eusa-think:

So any way, the tyres,
I have the 19" Solstice wheels with the Continental tyres that they came with and like you i nearly had a fit when i priced the tyres, i was also under the impression that 19" could be a bit difficult to get hold of, however after asking around a few local (Swansea) tyre garages i was pleasantly surprised that a 19" tyre is easily available and also in the budget price bracket too, from around £75 fitted all the way up to £230 fitted for a top end make.

I've even seen new budget ones on Ebay for £60 each delivered. So if someone charges you a fiver to fit it then thats not bad at all for just local low mileage driving.
I would suggest though that with the mileage your looking at doing you should maybe steer away from very low end budgets and perhaps look at mid range quality if you are looking to save a ££££'s.

Do top end tyres last longer ? i've had some good mileage out of budgets and they have given a good quiet ride at the same time, i'm not a big fan of the Continental as i think it delivers a bit of road noise, but then again it is a big tyre, and a low profile.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I'm no where near 6' 4"

Short ar*e Jack !

I'm 6'3" (and handsome :cool: ) and dont get any issues except that my thighs are not supported fully by the seat squab, but then they never are with any car so hey ho! Headroom is fine unless you put the seat all the way back (and I mean ALL the way so that it is against the rear seat squab) and only then does my head come anywhere near the roof. A little further forward than that and your head fits in the roof bubble - tidy!

I suggest a test drive at the local dealers :dance:

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
jactac said:
I'm no where near 6' 4"

Short ar*e Jack !

Yeah ok, but at least my footy team can stand tall while they play in the premier league :eusa-whistle: :thumbup:

Only problem is i gotta stand in the front to see whats going on :oops: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Be prepared to haggle with high end tyre dealers bearing in mind mine are only the 18s he first quoted £480 then told me he'd get told off but £380 final price! I drove out happy. I watched the mechanic trying to get my wheels off he's was right underneath with a rubber mallet knocking it off. Guessing it's the 1st time they've been removed. Had the whole garage admiring the car so didn't mind :)

A

Anonymous

Folks,
Thanks for the very informative responses.

I will now go get a proper test drive in one.

Thanks again,

A

Anonymous

i was about to buy an evoque until i saw the cost of extras-no spare wheel and no mats-no led lights-in a £34,000 car,
i dont think so.there still isnt another car to beat the rcz in the price range. so i will bee sticking with my bee.

A

Anonymous

You guys considered buying your tyres online and getting them fitted locally? I do that all the time now. I find mytyres.co.uk are good (touch wood!).

A

Anonymous

Well folks,
I eventually took the plunge and got myself an RCZ.

Got the Diesel GT model, with SP front grill and Quad exhaust.

Love it !

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1, will do. Just ordered some products from the list included within the Cleaning thread. Once I give it a good detailing, I will get some photos uploaded.