What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Common electrical problem.

TheWest

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals. Recently acquired a beautiful white RCZ in what I can only describe as near perfect condition. In the last week however, it appears to have developed a typically Peugeot electrical issue with a range of symptoms. The car is still under warranty, but I'd like to have an idea of what the issue could be before I start mucking about with that kind of stuff. So if someone recognises the fault and could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Symptoms are;

Battery Charge/electrical supply fault, with STOP message. Seems to come and go at random, sometimes stays for the entire journey. No effect on performance.
Idle drops a couple of hundred revs occasionally, car vibrates quite badly. Random.
Economy mode on first key turn, completely random.

First thoughts are a bad ground or that box on top of the battery, but would like to know if anyone has experienced anything similar.

Should probably mention I've checked battery and alternator voltage and it's all OK. I've also checked for fault codes, and there's no indication of any problem being detected. Although, the fuel rail pressure does seem to drop to around 200 or so, but very briefly, nanosecond briefly. So, not sure if that's a sensor thing.

Thanks, Ja.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Battery Module can be problematic others have found power feed relays at fault

TheWest

Reaction score
Alright, cheers guys. May just order a replacement from Ali Express and save the warranty.

TheWest

Reaction score
Just a quick update on this for anyone looking in the future. Bought and fitted a new Battery Module from AliExpress (28236841 - arrived in a week), that solved the Battery Charge/electrical supply fault issue completely. Then had the high pressure fuel pump refurbished by Ebay Mike (789mikea) and that resolved the idle problem. Did all the work myself, took a couple of hours total to do both jobs, would rate about 1 / 10, very easy, on the difficulty scale. So definitely worth doing yourself!

All 100% working now, no more problems!

TheWest

Reaction score
@TheWest Did you disconnect the positive battery terminal or just undo and do a straight swap?
Undo the 3 bolts on the left side of the bpga module, remove two cables underneath said bolts and a connector with an orange clip at the very bottom of the module. Then pull out the old module, it's just retained by a couple of plastic clips at this point. Then the new module slots straight in with a click. Reattach bolts, wires and connector in reverse order.

Edited for my stupidity.

Last edited:

TheWest

Reaction score
Ha! Right you are. Yeah, that'll teach me to write something technical from memory! Anyway, you seem to have a handle on it now, so hopefully you get it sorted!

apple3337

Reaction score
So far so good. A couple more drives of the car. Still no STOP light coming up or the battery charge or electrical supply faulty message. FYI I replaced the electronic module on the front of the module on top of the battery. Search 28236841 in Ali Express or google. Fingers crossed I've fixed it. Woohoo!