What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Collected RCZ Today

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
New to this forum and so collected my RCZ today from Robins And Day in derby, live in Coventry so 1 1/4 hours drive there and it threw it down all the way there and back, so not really had time to sort out how to work all gadgets and switches will have to wait for dry day to try and work out how everything works. Purchased a used 1 owner HDI GT in Opal White with Vision pack,Nav pack, int GT pack, Black Wheels, mirror caps,Chrome front grill. Must admit it is a little different to drive to my car i put in p/x BMW 120D M Sport coupe build quality better on BMW but RCZ better looking car and better lines thats what i fell in love with, just a more modern looking car.Just hope rcz is as dependable and reliable as previos car.So just going to read through owners manuel now as see if im any wiser at the end :?

A

Anonymous

Welcome!

My 1st drive of mine was 175 miles home from Telford....Know how you feel!

As for the Bimmer....mine kept breaking and drinking fuel so it had to go, and the RCZ is way prettier than my old 645Ci.

As for the gadgets....do like me...sit on the drive and ...yes...read the instructions.... :crazy: I did! and it works great..

Have fun in your RCZ ownership!

Davie

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for reply, can any tell me what the service interval is for the diesel model is, i know it says on web that it is 2yrs or 20000 mls sales guy told me that thier head tech advises every 10000 or 12 mths :shock: due to being high performance engine!! :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the car. Now we're down to one car my wife tells me its nice to drive ...

funny enough I also traded in a bmw too and had a 180 mile round trip !

hope you enjoy your car

Dave

A

Anonymous

y7wag said:
Hi thanks for reply, can any tell me what the service interval is for the diesel model is, i know it says on web that it is 2yrs or 20000 mls sales guy told me that thier head tech advises every 10000 or 12 mths :shock: due to being high performance engine!! :mrgreen:
You are correct 2yrs or 20,000miles however Peugeot "recommend" an interim 12 month but the warranty is not affected if you choose to stick with the 2Yr route. Enjoy your car they are a dream to drive and own :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi all
today i took advantage of half decent weather and gave the rcz a nice wash and dry,and was horrified to find a minor dent in roof :thumbdown: its about the size of a ten pence piece and is right on the edge by windscreen it has not damaged the paint but now ive found it i will be looking at it constantly, dont know if i should get in touch with dealer i bought it from or just try and live with it. I dont really want them to try to repair it and make the matter even worse because of the location of it. :cry: apart from this issue absolutely love the car and my problem is im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my cars. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Hi dropped into local peugeot dealer today asked them to look at roof they informed me it cannot be smart repaired due to its location, it needs a repair and roof spray :thumbdown: whilst i was there i showed him my black door mirror caps and he was quite suprised :eek: at how poor they were there are paint runs all over them and they look they were sprayed in a sand storm. Informed sale guy at dealer where car was purchased and he will ring me on monday when he has spoken to his sales manager, im not at all happy :cry:

A

Anonymous

y7wag said:
Hi dropped into local peugeot dealer today asked them to look at roof they informed me it cannot be smart repaired due to its location, it needs a repair and roof spray :thumbdown: whilst i was there i showed him my black door mirror caps and he was quite suprised :eek: at how poor they were there are paint runs all over them and they look they were sprayed in a sand storm. Informed sale guy at dealer where car was purchased and he will ring me on monday when he has spoken to his sales manager, im not at all happy :cry:

sorry to hear of your faults but hindsight is a great thing,you really should have gone over the car with fine toothed comb as they say i would not have accepted a car with these faults as its so much harder to get them fixed by the dealership once you have taken ownership especially the roof

A

Anonymous

Hope You get these problems sorted not a good start I know but you will like the car when you can put these problems behind you :)
Oh and welcome to the forum

R1

A

Anonymous

Hi, update on dent in roof and shabby door mirror caps, went back to dealer where purchased car today, showed the sales manager dent and mirror caps he agreed the mirrors were very poor so they will have it back in next week to do the dent in roof and do the mirrors too, hoping they do a good job and not try and do a "smart" repair otherwise it will be staying there with them until it is done properly. :clap:

A

Anonymous

you could always ask for a free carbon roof to cover it up, they may bite.

A

Anonymous

Peugeot dealers do seem to be offering a good service. I read so many good reports of what is quite clearly good service. I have a real downer on all main dealers, so it'll take a few successful visits by me personally to start to cause a change in my opinion. My one and only "service" visit was a total success I have to admit.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
y7wag said:
You are correct 2yrs or 20,000miles however Peugeot "recommend" an interim 12 month but the warranty is not affected if you choose to stick with the 2Yr route. Enjoy your car they are a dream to drive and own :thumbup:

I'll be doing the 12 month service route for sure. Minimal cost and a great way of identifying defects that are covered under warranty.

A

Anonymous

bee said:

I will see what kind of repair job they do on roof, if its of poor standard then the carbon roof may be my next plan of action, but then i would have to have mirror caps to match, more expense!! But i must be honest i do prefer the gloss black roof and door mirrors to match over the carbon options

A

Anonymous

y7wag said:
bee said:

I will see what kind of repair job they do on roof, if its of poor standard then the carbon roof may be my next plan of action, but then i would have to have mirror caps to match, more expense!! But i must be honest i do prefer the gloss black roof and door mirrors to match over the carbon options

So the carbon fibre roof aint really carbon fibre :thumbdown: its just a cover on top of metal roof :shock: its not like the bmw m3's real carbonfibre roof.so its £1400 for fake carbon fibre tell me thats not true :shock:

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
Update on dent in roof and mirror cap fiasco, took car back to dealer today as previously arranged last week, it was booked to go into body shop today which is fine,but low and behold my courtesy car was a bit of a mystery to them :crazy: service say it is up to sales to arrange courtesy car and sales said it was down to service :? in the end service gave me the only car they had left a 106 urban!! :x , what a come down, its on drive at moment but dont think i will be going many places in it, so will have to pinch keys to missus ibiza fr which i think is a tad better!.Lets see what happens next week when i collect.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06- yep its only a stick on shell, not worth the money i recon.

A

Anonymous

y7wag said:
Hi all,
Update on dent in roof and mirror cap fiasco, took car back to dealer today as previously arranged last week, it was booked to go into body shop today which is fine,but low and behold my courtesy car was a bit of a mystery to them :crazy: service say it is up to sales to arrange courtesy car and sales said it was down to service :? in the end service gave me the only car they had left a 106 urban!! :x , what a come down, its on drive at moment but dont think i will be going many places in it, so will have to pinch keys to missus ibiza fr which i think is a tad better!.Lets see what happens next week when i collect.

SO when you get the rcz back...............it will seem all the better to drive :thumbup: