What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

cold start

Pascal

Reaction score
hello all,
how many revs does the engine make in the morning when cold starting 156hp , mine goes up to 2000 revs for a while and then drops to 1200 revs

Pedro

Reaction score
My 200 does a few odd ones it will rise to 1500 then on anther start ups it may hover at 1200-1000-900 etc depending on the outside atmospheric temperature as the ECU gets the data from the temp sensor in the door mirror to calculate what Air/Fuel ratio is needed for the cold start but don't thrash the engine when its cold let it warm up gradually as the coolant pump is electronically assisted to better control cold engine temp

Pascal

Reaction score
Hello Pedro,
Thanks in advance for your response , mine sometimes goes up to 1900 revs and then drops straight to 1100 revs but this is only when cold starting in the morning . But do I understand correctly that the temperature sensor is in one of the outside mirrors?