What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cold Start Noise

A

Anonymous

Recently I have had a strange noise on cold start up which may only last for 20-30 seconds and is heard around 2,500 rpm when pulling away. Peugeot confirmed the noise and sought advice from the technical department. I was told it was a faulty turbo, a known problem on other engines, but not the 156. I have now been told I am number 3 in the UK with the same issue.

Problem is, after two weeks without the car, the turbo was replaced and I got it back with just the same noise. I have been told it is the 'waste gate' vibrating when cold. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, is it going to become yet another 'characteristic' of the car

A

Anonymous

most newer engines will sound "loose" when cold.

I would rather have an engine that functions at its best when warm than one that sounds silent in the morning but is stressed out when warm.

Dont worry about it. :)

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
most newer engines will sound "loose" when cold.

I would rather have an engine that functions at its best when warm than one that sounds silent in the morning but is stressed out when warm.

Dont worry about it. :)

my type R vtec engine was not the best sounding car on start up in the cold mornings :shock: but ounce warmed up bulletproof :cool:

A

Anonymous

I had a focus with a tivct engine. On startup it rattled but once warmed it got better.

A

Anonymous

Had the new, improved turbo fitted and the noise is still there. Let's see what they do now...