What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

cold morning problem :(

rob1robno1

Reaction score
hi guys..i have a problem that only occurs when the weather freezes...I I start the car in the morning and idles ok for about a minute then the fan kicks in and the engine fault light comes on and engine starts to go lumpy..i leave it ticking over for about ten minutes till the ice starts to melt and by that time the fan has stopped running and engine no longer lumpy but engine light stays on for a few hours..i return to start the car and everything back to normal ( no engine light etc) its a 1.6 petrol engine..any ideas why this only happens when the weather freezes..cheers guys

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Iffy coolant temp sensor maybe? Personally though, rather than blindly chucking money and parts at it I'd get it on diagnostics.
I'm sure something would show up in the live data.
I'm sure there are people on here with Planet who could help for the price of a few beer vouchers.
Or even buy it yourself, it's not that expensive. If you have a laptop to run it on.