What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Codes help needed please

Rooby_roo

Reaction score
Hi all, I bought a rcz from auction ( yes I know) anyway the car drives very well, no lack of power or misfire, but I get these codes come up after turning the car off after a drive and start it back up again, I clear the codes and drive it , but as soon as I stop and restart the engine the engine repair light comes on the display unit. Can someone please point me in the right direction as i really want to keep the car. Thanks In advance.

Attachments

• 5CD5830C-A108-4D17-B1F7-C52FC2B31D7E.jpeg
    5CD5830C-A108-4D17-B1F7-C52FC2B31D7E.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 42

Flanners

Reaction score
To start have you had a service and changed the oil and filter since purchase? Have you checked the oil level and dipstick....oil is up near max and the dipstick has not broken off? What oil filter was used. Does the oil look contaminated in any way?

Oil sensor may be knackered/wire loose etc given codes are saying pressure is too high and too low and a short circuit.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
As Flanners rightly pointed out 3 codes relate to Oil problems & the pressures sensors fade out over time ( became contaminated with dirty residues) due to lack of oil services
The Turbo coolant pump open circuit could be the fuse needs cleaning if you can hear the pump running then it may be OK but these can die a slow death meaning its a new pump unfortunately
The Electro valve code p0948 is possibly showing a VVT solenoid fault & changing it for a new one usually cures this problem which is again due to Engine Oil issues
good luck & keep in touch

Rooby_roo

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of where the oil pressure switch is located please.

Pedro

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the direction of where the oil pressure switch is located please.
Depending on Engine codes on nearly all EP6's its usually in the Cylinder head on the G/box side & as you have the classic 2 faults of too high & too low settings its more than likely Knackered as it keeps sending the wrong data to the ECU

Rooby_roo

Reaction score
Depending on Engine codes on nearly all EP6's its usually in the Cylinder head on the G/box side & as you have the classic 2 faults of too high & too low settings its more than likely Knackered as it keeps sending the wrong data to the ECU
Could you possibly show me as to which one it is exactly please, I’ve looked on Google and can’t find anything at all about the location

Pedro

Reaction score
My workshop manual is dead at the moment go on google type in" Peugeot RCZ oil pressure switch" & click on images the EP6 diagram in the top left corner of the first row shows the location of the switch/sensor I think its no 13 in the diag box

Rooby_roo

Reaction score
My workshop manual is dead at the moment go on google type in" Peugeot RCZ oil pressure switch" & click on images the EP6 diagram in the top left corner of the first row shows the location of the switch/sensor I think its no 13 in the diag box
For the life of me I can’t find it lol

Pedro

Reaction score
This is what you should have seen these are the EP6 variants which covers the RCZ engines
No 13 Oil pressure switch/ sensor

Rooby_roo

Reaction score
This is what you should have seen these are the EP6 variants which covers the RCZ engines
No 13 Oil pressure switch/ sensor
I’ve looked at that diagram m8 at number 13, but I just can’t see where it is. I’ve put a pic of my engine with the air intake etc off and still can’t see it.

Attachments

• 3B486476-F0A1-4F3F-9BB3-2B39E1D9708F.jpeg
    3B486476-F0A1-4F3F-9BB3-2B39E1D9708F.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 20

Pedro

Reaction score
I have now got the manual up & running after some tech glitches try this see if yours is in this position You never posted what engine you have in the car?

Attachments

• Oil Pressure switch.PNG
    Oil Pressure switch.PNG
    248 KB · Views: 26

Pedro

Reaction score
I’ve looked at that diagram m8 at number 13, but I just can’t see where it is. I’ve put a pic of my engine with the air intake etc off and still can’t see it.
Yes the Euro 5- EP6 variants are a bit sketchy when it comes to which engine is fitted in PSA cars I think you will be on the right track with the pic I posted up

Rooby_roo

Reaction score
Yes the Euro 5- EP6 variants are a bit sketchy when it comes to which engine is fitted in PSA cars I think you will be on the right track with the pic I posted up
Yea sorry I thought I’d put the engine as a 1.6 petrol. 🙈

Pedro

Reaction score
They can cause issues if they became clogged up with dirt maybe remove it & see if its dirty you also had a oil pump electro valve code which again can be dirt build up I would change the Oil pressure switch & see what happens but I suspect your engine is to coin a phrase possibly full of crap as dirty oil will play havoc with the VVT system plus causes other oil lubrication problems with the pump etc

Rooby_roo

Reaction score
They can cause issues if they became clogged up with dirt maybe remove it & see if its dirty you also had a oil pump electro valve code which again can be dirt build up I would change the Oil pressure switch & see what happens but I suspect your engine is to coin a phrase possibly full of crap as dirty oil will play havoc with the VVT system plus causes other oil lubrication problems with the pump etc
Here we go again lol. Where is vanos solenoid located 🙈

Pedro

Reaction score
Depending on Engine variant

Attachments

• VVti valve.PNG
    VVti valve.PNG
    194.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Variable valve 2.PNG
    Variable valve 2.PNG
    406.4 KB · Views: 27