What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Code P0016

boatdriver

Reaction score
I got this code up this morning:

Crankshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor A

Is this something I should have seen too? The engine is running well and performance is as it should be.

Any advice would much appreciated

Thanks

Goatz

Reaction score
I had this one recently. If the engine isn’t making the the death rattle then it could just be a faulty cam sensor.
if the engine is rattling and you are getting misfires then you are looking at a timing issue which could cost a fair bit to fix.

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. No rattling or misfires thankfully.
Lack of cohesion between speed sensor "Crank" & inlet camshaft sensor it could also be triggered by oil viscosity issues but the most common fault showing a P0016 on the prince Engine is Timing chain tensioner or the Chain is out of compliance ( stretched beyond 68mm ) if it continues Change the oil first to see if it disappears ?

boatdriver

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro. What is the recommended viscosity for the oil?

Today the car went into Limp Mode again exactly as a couple of days ago. I switched on the cruise control and the engine went into limp mode and thinking back, this is what happened last time. No codes came up on my diagnostic reader. Looks as though there is a gremlin with cruise control.
Any thoughts?

Pedro

Reaction score
The problem with these codes is they can trigger other "Ghost Codes" relating to other issues which may I believe be down to the ECU running systems checks for Timing Parameters or even Fueling HPFP? because that code also relates to the inlet camshaft (Fueling) so it is going to process of elimination unless the car begins to stall which usually happens in traffic for some odd reason probably with slow stop start situations which may again be fuel pressure problems on inlet side ?
I Put the Peugeot recommended Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5.30 Synthetic low emission performance but make certain its low saps code 3 as this is the benchmark for the Prince engines for cleaning & max efficiency
Hope you find out whats happening let us know how its going

Goatz

Reaction score
I think the more recent recommendation from Peugeot is 0w30 fully synth

Pedro

Reaction score
I think the more recent recommendation from Peugeot is 0w30 fully synth
Yes that's right but with the climate in the UK its not really mandatory that you have to use that spec I always use the slightly heavier viscosity Ineo 5/30 as long as its essentially low saps (3) because it takes longer to deteriorate between services ( my oil is changed between 3500/4000klm) & I think offers more protection in higher mileage engines but its up to the individual owner

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro. What is the recommended viscosity for the oil?

Today the car went into Limp Mode again exactly as a couple of days ago. I switched on the cruise control and the engine went into limp mode and thinking back, this is what happened last time. No codes came up on my diagnostic reader. Looks as though there is a gremlin with cruise control.
Any thoughts?
[/QUOT
Cruise control signalling issues suspected Speed sensor ? Poor communication between Between Crank & Cam sensors may be interlinked more apparent with sensor/ sensors failing termed as slowly (dying out)