What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Clutch

A

Anonymous

May just be be me but the clutch bite point is very high on my RCZ 1.6 GT is this the norm?

A

Anonymous

Taek said:
May just be be me but the clutch bite point is very high on my RCZ 1.6 GT is this the norm?

it is the same on my car extremely high and think its the same for all :thumbdown:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Well, there wasn't on the 207gti & I would expect this to be the same on RCZ at the moment.

If Peugeot were to produce some form of different pedal or an adjustable version, I reckon a fair few customers would go for it just like the quad exhausts.

Not sure how hard this would be. We know that racing version are being built ad we know adjustable bedal boxes are available for competition applications.

Maybe Peugeot could put the two together?

What do others think?

A

Anonymous

You get used to it very quickly.......... Try the clutch on my Defender if you want to experience true torture...... :clap:

A

Anonymous

Is it just me ? I have not got an issue with any of the pedal positions. The whole car provides a perfect driving experience without compromise :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it either. I know people have mentioned about the pedals being offset but maybe I've got funny feet :eusa-think: but it's never been an issue for me.

A

Anonymous

Make that 3. It's higher than other cars I've driven for sure but I barely notice it now that I'm driving it often

A

Anonymous

i sit with my arms car almost straight driving the rcz(Arms bent is best) and my left foot is always sitting on the clutch not depressed just a little press because its too high i cant help it i can never seem to find the perfect driving position.i am either too far away from the steering wheel or too close to the pedals.this annoying little thing has featured on many a car magazine with rcz

A

Anonymous

He doesn't know how to alter the rake/reach of the steering wheel. This car has so many variable adjustments that comfort should be a fore gone conclusion

A

Anonymous

Rczmk said:
What colour eyes? Lol

My hobbies are long walks on the beach and cuddling up on the sofa with glass of wine and a movie................. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Jassy do you have long legs and short body or long body and short legs?

50-50 i think :lol: but have shortish arms, even when getting into the car my left thigh is always forced past the bottom of the wheel,whilst on the subject of driving positions i find the rcz seats comfortable but very flat with no side support the seats dont grab the kidney's

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
RCZ1 said:

50-50 i think :lol: but have shortish arms, even when getting into the car my left thigh is always forced past the bottom of the wheel,whilst on the subject of driving positions i find the rcz seats comfortable but very flat with no side support the seats dont grab the kidney's

Maybe you have your seat set too high then :eusa-think: if you have to squeeze your thigh under the steering wheel ( oh err!). I have long legs and don't have problems getting in and out or adjusting my foot for the clutch. I do know what you mean about the side supports though although the seat bit you sit on, does grip you in the seat well I find.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
jassyo06 said:
RCZ1 said:

Maybe you have your seat set too high then :eusa-think: if you have to squeeze your thigh under the steering wheel ( oh err!). I have long legs and don't have problems getting in and out or adjusting my foot for the clutch. I do know what you mean about the side supports though although the seat bit you sit on, does grip you in the seat well I find.

RCZ 1 sit in a recaro seat and you will know what i mean and my seat is as low as it can go :?

pete.garratt

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
He doesn't know how to alter the rake/reach of the steering wheel. This car has so many variable adjustments that comfort should be a fore gone conclusion

Well, my wheel is all the way out, the seat is as far back as it can go (that enables me to still reach said wheel) and I still think the clutch pedal is too close.

Maybe I have got odd proportions - height 5'8", 29" inside leg - it still don't feel all that comfortable, clutch-wise. It was the same kind of thing in my 207gti, so I don't think it's just the RCZ. In total, that's three and a half years, so you'd think I'd have got used to it/found a good position by now.

Having said that, i prefer to sit low, so it's the last thing I change. Perhaps I should try the seat higher.

Don't remember this in any of my 306s.