What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Clutch pedal sideway movement

Goatz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering if any other owners of the mk1 have quite a bit of sideways play in their clutch pedals?
I can move mine inwards (towards the brake pedal) roughly an inch or more, which can feel quite dangerous driving at times as its hard to get the other foot on the brake went the other is on the clutch.
I do not remember it if has always been like this or not so before I take it to the garage I just wanted to check.
Perhaps the bushings could have expired. Taking a closer look at the pedal mechanisms it looks like a real pain to access anything down there.

Thanks!

Pedro

Reaction score
This is a mark 2 set up but p[probably the same as yours probably the bushes have worn ?

Attachments

• clutch padal.PNG
    clutch padal.PNG
    150.8 KB · Views: 10

Goatz

Reaction score
Hi Pedro,
Yes, thats my suspicion also. Either that or the pedal pin.
Im surprised no-one else has had this issue.
Checking Servicebox it looks like I can pull the facia under the steering wheel off to access the pedals. I'll do this over the weekend and take a look.
I have replacement bushings already (bought off ebay for a few quid) but not sure I would want to try and replace them as I dont want something like this failing while im driving.

1673647305688.png