What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Clutch Pedal Adjustment and Hands Free Phone

Reaction score
HI Folks,

Well I finally got my beautiful 2015 Petrol RCA 200 in pearlescent white. Splashed out 11k in the end Gulp !

Got the "Manuals Lib" one online but it is very lacking in helpful instruction. I have got my head around most things, which is no mean feat when you cant get a proper manual

I love the car to bits but and it is plenty quick enough for me especially when I discovered the throttle sweet spot in third gear!!! One thing that I am really disappointed with is the clutch pedal height it sits about an inch above the brake pedal ! Is this right. clutch I am really struggling to get a smooth gear change as my knee almost reaches my chin before the clutch balances.

Does anyone know if the bite point and the pedal height can be adjusted ?

I think I have more or less got my head around the Phone / Bluetooth thing, but cant figure out how to make hands free calls. I could verbally ask my old Ford Focus to call Fred and it would talk to me, repeat the instruction and call him. Surely Peugeot Connect is capable of this, but how do I do it ? Scrolling down the phonebook is a no-no whilst driving !

Also ... Is there no Digital Radio ???

Here are some pics of the setup.

Thanks a bundle. I wonder if there is anyone willing to take a phone call from me for chat and advice /

Best Wishes to all
Rob

Attachments

• Me RCZ 1.jpg
    Me RCZ 1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 25
  • PEUGEOT__RCZ__THP_GT__PETROL__WHITE__2015__EO15RVN-e08.jpg
    PEUGEOT__RCZ__THP_GT__PETROL__WHITE__2015__EO15RVN-e08.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 26
  • PEUGEOT__RCZ__THP_GT__PETROL__WHITE__2015__EO15RVN-e22.jpg
    PEUGEOT__RCZ__THP_GT__PETROL__WHITE__2015__EO15RVN-e22.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 25

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Rob,
nice RCZ you have got yourself there what's the milage...
Hope you enjoy all the rubber neckers as you pass them bye and I bet you can't resist looking over your shoulder when you park it up anywhere lol 😂...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Reaction score
Hi Les n Co,
The car is a one lady owner, 22,200 miles. I guess I paid top price for it but it is a cracker ! Yes the view out of my front window is much improved with mi RCZ on the drive. I sure have turned the heads of some boy racers in those ugly BMWs'. They always want to have a go !!!

Do you have any ideas about the clutch and phone ?

Cheers
Rob

JC1

Reaction score
Hi Rob, nice new wheels mate.

The clutch on my wife's is the same and I cant see any adjustment on it.

2retro

Reaction score
Clutch is the same on all. It's a bit odd at first but you'll get used to it.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Definitely odd at first, definitely normal after a short time. 👍

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, hopefully will get used to it. But as you say..."Very Odd" and a bit annoying for a sports car. Bet is puts 2 or 3 seconds on my 0 to 60.

Any advice on the hands free phone and DAB radio ?????

2retro

Reaction score
DAB was an optional extra that some owners have had installed (involves adding a digital arial to the windscreen) but I don't think it was standard issue on any of the RCZ stereos.

Not sure about native voice control for making calls but once your phone is connected to the car via bluetooth can't you just ask Google or Siri to dial the call and it should route through the car speakers as normal?

Reaction score
Thanks Chaps,

That's the info I needed. The phone app thing is a good idea, Guess I will have to get a more up to date phone which will support this :-( but how remiss of Peugeot not to have a proper hands free system in the car. It's stupid (not to mention illegal) to have to scroll through your phone book whilst driving as they must have intended. Duh !!!

Same with the clutch. Maybe as you say it just becomes "normal" after a while. In fact I'm getting used to it myself.

It seems like they just didn't bother to invest any thought in these sort of things including DAB radio over the years it was in production.
I need to research WHY the hell they stopped making the lovely RCZ.

Sorry to moan... despite these niggles it's still the best looking car of its type on the road and apart from the hard suspension is a real joy to drive and own !