What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Clutch noise in first and reverse gear

I love my RCZ

Reaction score
This sound has never happened to me in any single car (at the parking lot, back and forth, once in ten times). Is there any connection with hill start assist and the length of the leg on clutch?

Nemi

Reaction score
Check this thread viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10564 i have posted some sounds in that thread so check if you hear something similar

Might be clutch problem. Replacement costs around 1500£/€ (dual mass flywheel included) but if your car drives ok i woudn't change it yet :eusa-think:

I love my RCZ

Reaction score
Thanks, Nemi. I bought a used car (THP200). It is very strange when you sound like a beginner with a car that has only 30,000 km.

Nemi

Reaction score
Do you get that sound every time in reverse and first gear? Mine does it once or twice a month so doesn't bother me too much :)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Mine was quite infrequent, but as I had the warranty I decided to get it checked out anyway. It was a bit difficult to get the car to actually make the noise while the mechanic was present, in fact it was on 3 seperate visits before it would actually do it.
Then I had to try to get it to repeat the noise the following day for the warranty guy. Nearly half an hour of trying while he was standing outside with the mechanic from the dealership when in suddenly let out a loud scream.

I was amazed that the warranty people agreed to pay when it clearly was such an intermittent fault, but they did.

howardf

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Mine was quite infrequent, but as I had the warranty I decided to get it checked out anyway. It was a bit difficult to get the car to actually make the noise while the mechanic was present, in fact it was on 3 seperate visits before it would actually do it.
Then I had to try to get it to repeat the noise the following day for the warranty guy. Nearly half an hour of trying while he was standing outside with the mechanic from the dealership when in suddenly let out a loud scream.

I was amazed that the warranty people agreed to pay when it clearly was such an intermittent fault, but they did.

Same as above :thumbup:

I love my RCZ

Reaction score
The noise is infrequent and never in the presence of a mechanic. They say it is not a malfunction.