What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Clutch Groan

KMG

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2014 1.6 GT RCZ. Occassionally there is a 'Groan' from the clutch when pulling away in 1st gear. It is more pronounced and happens more often if pulling away uphill. I can feel the 'Groan' through the clutch pedal and it only lasts a fraction of a second but is quite loud. Apart from that there are no other symptoms and nothing detrimental.
A dry release bearing has been suggested. The clutch is fine as the car pulls even uphill in a high gear.
Can I live with this or should I get it checked out by Peugeot?
Anyone had similar?

Thanks,
KG

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
If the clutch is not slipping it maybe the bearing but the DM unit can throw up problems my 200 clunks after a longish run but works fine so I'm not really concerned at present

KMG

Reaction score
If the clutch is not slipping it maybe the bearing but the DM unit can throw up problems my 200 clunks after a longish run but works fine so I'm not really concerned at present
Thanks. DM Unit? I'm guessing that doesn't mean Danger Mouse Unit?

Also, why have I suddenly got pictures of women in sexy devil outfits at the top of the page?!! Bit weird...

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that is a advert as at the moment the top of the page is a advert for car insurance

littlepippin

Reaction score
Yup, my car is the same date and spec as yours, and I am getting exactly the same sound and symptoms. All drives fine though, and no clutch slippage, only the very high pedal that all the RCZ's have. I thought it could be the hill start assist electric brake not releasing quick enough.
I have decided not to worry about it at all anymore because all feels completly fine with the car.

KMG

Reaction score
Yup, my car is the same date and spec as yours, and I am getting exactly the same sound and symptoms. All drives fine though, and no clutch slippage, only the very high pedal that all the RCZ's have. I thought it could be the hill start assist electric brake not releasing quick enough.
I have decided not to worry about it at all anymore because all feels completly fine with the car.
Nice to know I'm not alone. Strangely enough, it hasn't made the noise now for the last week and a half, so I'll not worry about it, much like yourself!