What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

clog dance

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Our chap and his missus are figging - bashing trees and collecting and drying figs.
This morning I heard a different sound from the normal whacking and bucket filling.
From our balcony I could see that he was doing a sort of clog dance, on the spot, close to the house.
On enquiring "que hace?" (what are you doing?), "matando una serpiente" (killing a snake) was the reply.
Only a baby, about a metre long; a horseshoe whip snake, known as a "cadena" (chain) because of its markings.
Where is mummy and daddy, one wonders? :eusa-think:

Attachments

• cadena.jpg
    cadena.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 826

chrismac

Reaction score
If baby is a meter long - one hopes Mummy and Daddy are a long way away :!:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
chrismac said:
If baby is a meter long - one hopes Mummy and Daddy are a long way away :!:
Info found on-line indicates about a metre and a half for an adult, so not quite in the anaconda league.
They just get plumper with age.
Cadenas are "harmless" and rarely seen. :thumbup:
We have three other species, seen on our land - grass snake, ladder snake and Montpelier, the latter being the only venomous one; but to healthy humans, a bite is hardly more than a bee sting (so they say!). :clap:
We get the occasional scorpion, but that is another story. :eusa-shhh:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Scorpions yummy, last time I was in Thailand I ate one of those, along with a cricket, some meal worms & part of a tarantula, I couldn’t manage the whole thing, despite being semi conscious due to consuming several “buckets” :lol:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Scorpions yummy, last time I was in Thailand I ate one of those, along with a cricket, some meal worms & part of a tarantula, I couldn’t manage the whole thing, despite being semi conscious due to consuming several “buckets” :lol:
The hairs on their legs get stuck between your teeth; ain't that always the way? :oops: :lol: