What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cleaning Black roof rails.....

Fishbrothers

Reaction score
Hi all, a newbie here, and my first post! Could anyone advise the best product for cleaning the factory fitted black arches to a RCZ 'R' please?

Regards,

James.

Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
Hi all, a newbie here, and my first post! Could anyone advise the best product for cleaning the factory fitted black arches to a RCZ 'R' please?

Regards,

James.
That interests me aswell. I heard for cleaning is best to use regular car shampoo and water for preserving the color Meguiars Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer. But looking for other suggestions based on experience.

apple3337

Reaction score
I know a couple of people have successfully done it with paint polish compound. Including me. Mine were pretty messed up when I bought the car second hand. I can't say what is wrong with yours without seeing it, but mine had bad water marks and possible UV damage that would not wash off. Rather than cover it with various black trim restore products, I was told that is a bad idea as it just covers the stain. You want to remove it. A very gentle compound is Meguiars Ultimate Compound. It does a great job without harming the plastic. I used it mixed with a bit of another brand of super cut compound to speed up the process. I'd say just use the Meguiars on a small portion to try it out. You will have to rub really hard and numerous times. Stick with it. The matt finish should stay as it is. Mine came up like new. To finish it off use Aerospace Protectant 303 which is silicone free. I use this after every wash. Dry them asap after washing. Wipe it on, wipe off. Let us know how it goes. 👍 After you have done the arches it works great with a random orbital polisher with foam pads on the paint!
Edit: Someone on FB used Scholl S20 instead of Meguiars with good results.
#restorearches

Last edited:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I have used autoglym bumper gel and it works a treat no hard work involved... You will have to to keep doing them from time to time...
You can also use a silicone spray and that works really well too and lasts a lot longer...
But what I have done now is bought two from a scrap yard was not bothered if they was marked had them spayed piano black to match the roof then kept the original one's in the garage for another day...
Hope this helps you out, let us know how you get on..
The cost was £125 per arch..
Well worth the money and the look..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Last edited: