What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

cleaning a black RCZ

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
One word of warning, watch out using pressure washers (the higher pressure the worse the situation) in corners and also edges it can cause paint to lift, also on stone chips and scratches, I had a situation with a Mini bonnet which had a stone chip and after jetting it off (thinking it was a dead fly) I removed about 50 - 80 mm of paint and ended up having the bonnet re-sprayed - so moderation is advised. :thumbup:

Rob.

I must admit that I have heard some horror stories about using pressure washers on cars. I guy I work with also lifted a large patch of paintwork on his brand new Honda Civic type R. :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Point well made Rob.

Just to add though, when cleaning the car, the ritual does not actually involve blasting the car with the powerwasher. Cleaning the wheels first, then snow foam the car then after about 5 minutes, rinse it off with the power washer. This is only a rinse to get the residue all off, the car is never blasted. If this has not got rid of all the bugs, then maybe snow foam again or use a bug removing product. Then the car is washed in the normal way with a wash mitt and shampoo. This residue is then rinsed off with an open ended hose pipe.

Taking care is the most important thing to remember and as I mentioned in my last post aim it at a 50 - 60 degree angle, not direct.

A

Anonymous

Hi RCZ1,

I presume that if you attach a foam lance to the pressure washer that the foam is not blasted onto the car at high pressure. How exactly does the snow foam lance work?

I have seen some photograph's of cars that have been snow foamed. I can't wait to try this on my RCZ (when I finally get it). My neighbours will think I have gone completely mad. :mrgreen:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hart said:
Hi RCZ1,

I presume that if you attach a foam lance to the pressure washer that the foam is not blasted onto the car at high pressure. How exactly does the snow foam lance work?

I have seen some photograph's of cars that have been snow foamed. I can't wait to try this on my RCZ (when I finally get it). My neighbours will think I have gone completely mad. :mrgreen:

Getting a bit technical here - but I'll do my best.

You turn on the powerwasher as normal when you have attached the foam lance with the snowfoam and water mixed inside the bottle. There is a dial on top of the foam lance which lets you control how much mixture inside the foam bottle is mixed with water to vary the thickness of the mixture. It can be very watery or very thick, or anywhere in between. I find getting it thicker helps the cleaning process better. The idea is to coat the car in the snow foam so you are constantly moving the foam lance from from the top of the car to the bottom. Its not at high pressure so no damage is being done.

Hope this makes sense.
K

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply K. Your explanation was perfect. :thumbup:

I will invest in a power washer, but only use it for snow foaming or cleaning the patio.

Thanks again for your help.

Steve

A

Anonymous

After 6 hours foaming, washing and waxing, we're knackered. And 'The Beast' will probably be just as dirty again tomorrow night. :sleeping-yellow:

Still, at least she's back to her former glory ...........for now at any rate. :clap:

Attachments

• DIRTYCLEAN rcz_p1.jpg
    DIRTYCLEAN rcz_p1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 3,026
  • DIRTYCLEAN rcz_pp.jpg
    DIRTYCLEAN rcz_pp.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 3,026
  • DIRTYCLEAN rcz_p3.jpg
    DIRTYCLEAN rcz_p3.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 3,026
A

Anonymous

A nice clean RCZ. :thumbup:

Mine looked that good when I picked her up from the dealership this morning. Not anymore though. I hate the roads at this time of year. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Get a White one looks so much better when dirty. Not a smear in sight :dance:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Marthamay, I have to say THAT is the best looking black RCZ I've seen. It's FAB-U-LOUS :thumbup:
That shine is to die for - you should be well proud.
You are putting my dirty white Pearl to shame.

You say you waxed, did you not use the Zaino? Which wax did you use?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Marthamay, I have to say THAT is the best looking black RCZ I've seen. It's FAB-U-LOUS :thumbup:
That shine is to die for - you should be well proud.
You are putting my dirty white Pearl to shame.

You say you waxed, did you not use the Zaino? Which wax did you use?

Well Thank You RCZ1 - a compliment indeed coming from you!

Well, I did use Zaino actually, so to say "wax" was'nt strictly accurate, it just seemed to fit in nicely with the sentence! Must be due to 'Detailers Fatigue' :lol: - is there such a thing? but then you'd should know more about that than anyone, as you are the the Detailing Champ (ess :eusa-think: ) :thumbup:

Have a great weekend

A

Anonymous

nelliebear said:
Get a White one looks so much better when dirty. Not a smear in sight :dance:

Ummmm......your right....no streaks :lol:

Looks fabulous clean too :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY22 said:
After 6 hours foaming, washing and waxing, we're knackered. And 'The Beast' will probably be just as dirty again tomorrow night. :sleeping-yellow:

Still, at least she's back to her former glory ...........for now at any rate. :clap:

Wow looks better than new!! You have got me feeling bad now! So I'm leaving early from London back to halfords Cardiff and I will post a polished Lawrence pics because he's worth it!