What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Choosing a new head unit

Leroymusic00

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just searching for a new head unit to update the interior - this one seems like a really good choice.
Any opinions from you experienced people on here? :)

EBay RCZ stereo.png

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just searching for a new head unit to update the interior - this one seems like a really good choice.
Any opinions from you experienced people on here? :)

View attachment 14599
Absolutely terrible unit, do not get.

I bought one, it does NOT fit into the original head unit area. This unit is wider and taller so it actually sits on top of the dash surround, juts out at least an inch.

Which is fine if you don't care what it looks like as I know some people have these but for me, that kind of dodgy design is unacceptable.

If you have a look at the promotional pictures on ebay for that unit, notice how they don't have any photos of it actually in a car, they just have one photoshopped picture of the interior where they have pasted in the unit and they make it look like it fits perfectly. As far as I'm concerned, that is straight up lying.

RCZ - xtrons - side.jpg

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Are there any that fit flush and correctly?
I haven't got yet but looking at one of these two bezels, and then just find whatever branded aftermarket unit to fit...

will_berry70

Reaction score
I'm interested too. In particular how you get into the menu from only the stalk as I can't find how mine is supposed to do that.
Ideally obviously you don't just want the reversing sensors to work and display but also have a way to access the menu's and update the clock :D

2retro

Reaction score
I'm interested too. In particular how you get into the menu from only the stalk as I can't find how mine is supposed to do that.
Ideally obviously you don't just want the reversing sensors to work and display but also have a way to access the menu's and update the clock :D
The answer is this little module that connects between the head unit and the car and allows you to access all that stuff from the right multi-function steering wheel stalk. You press both top and bottom buttons on the stalk at the same time to access the car's menu screens.

Last edited:

rc06bas

Reaction score
Sony ax something single din but big display. Fits lovely and is the dogs....

will_berry70

Reaction score
The answer is this little module that connects between the head unit and the car and allows you to access all that stuff from the right multi-function steering wheel stalk. You press both top and bottom buttons on the stalk at the same time to access the car's menu screens.
Cheers, much apperciated :)

ZerokoolRCZ

Reaction score
Hi,
Don't know if you have sorted a new head unit? but I have just done mine, took my pioneer double din unit out of my old car and put it in my new RCZ,
The unit is a SPH-DA130 DAB, has Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, bought frame adaptor which is gloss black and matches well and lead from eBay as below, frame was £66 but leads were £124, a little expensive but these get matched to the head unit and the car, still keep stalk controls, still get in to menu using the stalk and still get the parking sensor front and back,
I think it looks very up to date and modern now, have fitted a short usb cable that come out under the ash tray,
Hope this helps
1711569283478.jpeg1711569545178.png1711569562790.png