What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cheap R for sale

2retro

Reaction score
I'm sure I've seen that one for sale ages ago so it's been hanging around a while...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Just depends on whether your willing to throw 11K at a cat D car I know if repaired correctly bargains are to be had but it's always a knock on effect when you come to sell on or if you have an insurance claim. I know at one time you could get a car on the Hpi register engineer inspected buy one of their approved centres and if passed you would get a certificate to prove it had been inspected and repaired correctly. I did this once when a unscrupulous dealer sold me a car which was on the register without telling me, went through the inspection process and the engineer who inspected it said he wouldn't even take it for a test drive it was so bad! Cut and shut two bloody cars welded together! Suppose I did buy one get one free though :lol: paid the dealer a visit and came away with my money plus cash for my pix which he had paid over the odds for! :thumbup:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
That is true. It shouldn't always be something to put you off, but you should feel confident in what you are buying.
My 4 series is a Cat D repaired :eusa-shhh: I bought it for about 7k less than if it wasn't a Cat D. (It was given Cat D due to litigation issues which meant that the total cost would have been uneconomical. It was only a wing and bumper that needed replacing.)

With the 4 series, we are planning on having it for a long time, so resale doesnt bother me, and most likely we would trade it in anyway when we change.

For a car like the R, I would steer clear if you want to keep it as a collectors item or future classic. But if you want a cheap exclusive car to rag around then it shouldnt be a problem. :thumbup:

2retro

Reaction score
I wouldn't call £11,000 a 'cheap car to rag around' but I get your point... :wtf:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
It is striking how cheap the R got in UK over the time.
Here in ze Germany almost all of R's on the market are at about 25-30k euros

Abzynthe

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:

I guess its a lot rarer over there than here. Luckily I got mine for what I consider to be cheap for what it is, but, now I have one, I'm happy for it to go up in value :lol:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:

I wouldnt say so

A few months ago When i was looking to import An r from germany i found enough cars for less than 25

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I’d go for the 13th one on the list for €30k, white, with incredibly sticky tyres. :eusa-whistle:

DRTDVL

Reaction score
i want to find a wrecked on and put the running gear into a 205....

RCZ-R

Reaction score
ONLY AEK said:
RCZ-R said:

I wouldnt say so

A few months ago When i was looking to import An r from germany i found enough cars for less than 25

Yes, few months ago the world was different.
The prices went up over here.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
ONLY AEK said:
RCZ-R said:

I wouldnt say so

Yes, few months ago the world was different.
The prices went up over here.

I'm waiting for the prices to go up over here ! But my cars up for sale Now - doh. Anyone interested it's on trader lol

Sent from my P4502 using Tapatalk