What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cheap dash screen

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Hey experts, I've had a look around and there is plenty of talk about replacing the stock radio with an Android based touchscreen for those who don't have builtin satnav screen etc.

But what about the models without the sat nav screen that want to replace that hideous and useless orange display up on the dash? Basically I want to put an Android touchscreen there instead of lower down in the central console area, if possible.

I've googled around but can only find screens for the middle area lower down, does anyone know of a solution for putting an android screen to replace that orange one?

Or is there an aftermarket system that has a screen you can put up high there, but have the controls further down like in the stock sat nav setup? Cheers

PeugeotRCZ-multi display.png

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Thought I'd add, this is one of the things I'd consider doing. Basically, it's an Android screen that you mount (similar to what Mercedes is doing) on the dash anywhere you like. I think it would look perfect in front of that useless orange screen.
It's touchscreen which, although the screen would be further forward than that stock screen, it may not be within easy reach, I'd have to test once I get an RCZ of my own. Honestly, I'm not sure if the rectangular shape and mount position would look too out of place in the RCZ cabin, as the cabin has lots of round shapes and flowing lines. The rectangular screen definitely suits some cars more than others, like the interior of the Chrysler Crossfire.

But either way, if it turns out reaching the touchscreen isn't an issue, then you would mount the screen just above the airvents and clock. The 'brain' is normally behind it, a single DIN unit, however with this Joying 8.8 unit, you can actually get an optional ribbon cable 1m long that will allow you to put the 'brain' anywhere you want so its hidden.

For reference, this is the unit - JOYING 8.8 Inch Android 10 Head Unit In Dash Car GPS Navi 4+64GB with Free SWC | eBay

And as an example, here is the same unit mounted in a Chrysler Crossfire:
Crossfire - with aftermarket Android screen and separate control unit.png