What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing stock headlights to Xenons

ctaatgt

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2013 2.0 HDi Sport with stock halogen headlights. I have grown to hate the chrome housing that the lights sit in but haven’t found a viable solution to fix it.

Wrapping the lights seems to be out of the question due to the angular shape (and I’m unhappy with possibility of light loss).

Painting the housing also is a no go as the housing must be split open which compromises the integrity of the unit.

The final possible solution seems to be replacing the entire unit with xenons, which all seem to have a black housing. I can possibly get a pair 2nd Gand, but I was hoping if someone could tell me if it would be straightforward to simply pop the old units out and the new ones in, or is it more complicated?

Thanks in advance.

frankvdb

Reaction score
ctaatgt said:
Hi,
I have a 2013 2.0 HDi Sport with stock halogen headlights. I have grown to hate the chrome housing that the lights sit in but haven’t found a viable solution to fix it.

Wrapping the lights seems to be out of the question due to the angular shape (and I’m unhappy with possibility of light loss).

Painting the housing also is a no go as the housing must be split open which compromises the integrity of the unit.

The final possible solution seems to be replacing the entire unit with xenons, which all seem to have a black housing. I can possibly get a pair 2nd Gand, but I was hoping if someone could tell me if it would be straightforward to simply pop the old units out and the new ones in, or is it more complicated?

Thanks in advance.

This is only road legal if you also have automatic headlight leveling and headlight washers.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
No it isn't easy. To comply with the rules as I understand them.
You'll need:
Ballasts (to make them work in the first instance)
Washers, plus pipes, holes in bumper for them.
The levellers, and whatever else that entails.

Plus things I probably don't know about.

2retro

Reaction score
Yeah, as others have said already, swapping to Xenons is not really a viable option.

I had my lights wrapped with Spi Vision film last year and they look great. Minimal light reduction afterwards either.

This is picture taken half way through the process so you can see the difference:

More info here: http://www.spi-vision.co.uk/ :thumbup:

Attachments

• spi-vision.jpg
    spi-vision.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,196

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Wow, what kind of wrap did you use on the headlamp on the left of the picture to make it look so much brighter? :wtf:

2retro

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Wow, what kind of wrap did you use on the headlamp on the left of the picture to make it look so much brighter? :wtf:
Clingfilm...