What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

changing door mirror covers

A

Anonymous

Could anyone advise on replacing door mirror covers please, is this an easy job or should i pay the £72 being quoted ?

A

Anonymous

Aint heard of Anyone doing this mate on this forum l take it that covers are just clipped on so with courage and some thin leverage tools ie a pair of small flat screwdrivers l would give it go its got be just be just clips start at the outer corner just at the point where it reaches the unpainted join

A

Anonymous

Thanks will have a go, was just concerned that as they were quoting £72 this may be a technical job,didn't want to risk damadging the carbon mirror backs.

Hatman

Reaction score
It is possible as my dealership swapped them over when they replaced my noisy mirrors rather than get them painted. I do not understand why RCZ owners have been messed about causing delay in waiting and additional cost to Peugeot to get them painted. Maybe Peugeot Group member could shed some light on this subject?

lionhart

Reaction score
There is a sequence to do it without damage removing the mirror glass ect glass alone cost £30,To get to the lug's which hold the shell on.but you still could have ago yourself.

Attachments

• r m.jpg
    r m.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 4,540

Hatman

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
What do you mean by swapped over? It's the whole housing of the wing mirrors not just the cover.

The Peugeot Motor Vehicle Technician took the new & old mirrors apart(dismantled them) and swapped the mirror caps over to save the additional expense and time if you were to have to get the painted + lacquered. I would not like to get the bill for Ashphalt ones.

A

Anonymous

Fitted carbon mirror backs they look awsome but not on white car, would look great on grey or black , have removed and decided to sell !

A

Anonymous

Was it an easy job in the end ? Any tips on the process ?