What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing a Light Bulb in a....

A

Anonymous

.....KA :thumbdown:

Jesus Christ, how hard / fiddly is that :wtf:

Friends old style Ka blew a headlamp bulb last week.
No problem (thought I), get the old bulb out, down to Halfords for a replacement and job's a good one.

I've never seen such a fiddly job in all my life.
Had a look on the Internet to discover that MANY others had previously experienced / discussed this fact.
Advice ranged from take the wheel off / inner arch liner out to remove the whole headlamp and work on it then :?

Time taken ranged from 45 minutes to 3 days :eek:

Solution: Took it to the Dealer and got it changed there. £30 although a very well spent £30 bucks in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

I once took two hours in minus temps one night changing a headlight bulb in my 207!! The damn retaining clip came off and i was buggered if i could get it back in!! The air was BLUE by the time i finally got it done and my knuckles were bruised for days. God know how a hairy arsed mechanic is supposed to manage when my wee hands can't!!!! I got the Halfrauds lot to change them after tha, £3 well spent!

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Yeah, I had the same problem in my 207gti a couple of years ago.

Fortuneately, I was in my garage out of the wind and rain. - Still needed to hold a torch in my mouth and ripped my hand to shreds, though.

My guess is there's a 'knack' and, once you know it you wonder what all thge fuss is about. I sometimes struggle with a few things like this, but then I am left-handed! lol

A

Anonymous

i know the problem with the KA only too well :shock: bought my daughter one 3 years ago and i have found the best way is to drop the wheel off and the wheel liner :wtf: ... the one thing that still puzzles me why do i only get to change it in the winter :eusa-think: :eusa-think: it never seems to fail in the summer :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

mel said:
i know the problem with the KA only too well :shock: bought my daughter one 3 years ago and i have found the best way is to drop the wheel off and the wheel liner :wtf: ... the one thing that still puzzles me why do i only get to change it in the winter :eusa-think: :eusa-think: it never seems to fail in the summer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mmmm maybe that's 'cos the lights are hardly ever on in the summer?? :)

A

Anonymous

ive had two foglight bulbs replaced,have never used them at all only to test them. :x

A

Anonymous

pete.garratt said:
My guess is there's a 'knack' and, once you know it you wonder what all the fuss is about.

Yes, there must be - presumably there may be a "special tool or two" used as well.
I saw the mechanic as he came out to collect the vehicle and there's no way he could have got his chunks of meat hands into that small area - and he definitely didn't take the wheel / liner arch out :eusa-think:

The good news is that the new Ka has got a cover very similar to the RCZ so much easier to get at / work on.
Seems like Ford learned from their Forum Members providing (positive) feedback :thumbup: