What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Change Headlights

A

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me how to get clip off to change headlights? Also on LHS do I need to remove fuse box cover to get into it?

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Can't help with the headlight clip - never had to do it - but on the left hand side I found it useful to remove some of the air trunking in front of the battery and fusebox when I changed my DRLs. Didn't have to touch the fusebox itself though.

A

Anonymous

You don't have to but it does provide that extra little bit of wiggle room so I always used to remove it. It's a simple set of clips and easy to remove and replace.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys I'll give it another go but been trying to compress clip and still no joy. Not sure if I've to pull towards ground or squeeze first to release it. I then snapped clip on lid fuse box cover therefore on hunt for fuse box cover now & looks as though Peugeot dealer are only stockist. None on eBay. Going to be costly now & all I wanted to do was put in Xenon bulbs!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Karen P said:
Can anyone tell me how to get clip off to change headlights? Also on LHS do I need to remove fuse box cover to get into it?

Get someone with small hands. My wife did mine :-/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

I remember it being a real hassle to get mine in and I can't remember which way I manipulated the clip. But if you can get a mobile phone camera into position & take a pic it might help you work out which way to push/twist etc? You may need to enable a macro seeing in your camera options to get it to focus at such short distances too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

You need to pinch the two looped parts of the clip together and pull out to release the spring clip. Hope that helps...I always found getting it back on far more of a pain than taking it off.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
You need to pinch the two looped parts of the clip together and pull out to release the spring clip. Hope that helps...I always found getting it back on far more of a pain than taking it off.

Replaced a set of H7s on a 308 the other day. The top of the metal clips need to be pushed towards the headlight and then away from the opposite clip. I took a photo the clip with my phone to see inside the housing before i started fiddling. If you still dont manage, drop me a pm, i will make a how to video and upload.

A

Anonymous

You can change both sides without removing anything on the Z.

I have changed both of mine at the weekend took me about 15 minutes, just make sure you don't touch the bulb and make sure the clips are attached properly.

J

A

Anonymous

Magic, sorted folks got it. BUT.......
I recently purchased
DRL (P21/5W) - White LED
Item Number 380LED60SBW-2

They look superb on my car. I've now purchased locally headlights Xenonultima however they are no way as bright as my DRL. Can you advise what I should be purchasing from yourself to get same shade of white. My car is a 2012 plate & I was hoping to put bulb in & go without changing any electrics if possible.

A

Anonymous

You won't manage to get the same shade of white without installing a HID kit. However, if you're looking for a bulb upgrade then I'd recommend Osram Nightbreakers which are E marked and steer legal. The Phillips Diamond Visions are perhaps marginally whiter but not so good in terms of light coverage. Both, however, will be disappointing compared to your LEDs or a HID kit. I'm not familiar with the ones that you've fitted so can't make a clear comparison with my recommendations. Perhaps you could upload a photo and I can see if it's worth paying for new bulbs before you go spending.

A

Anonymous

The ones I purchased were H7 RW1277 by Ring Automotive. Can u get LED headlights like the DRL I got? If not is kit easy to fit? Which one should I purchase?

A

Anonymous

LED bulbs don't really cast out light in a bright directional manner like a halogen headlight bulb so, in short, that's not an option I'm afraid. HID kits are relatively easy to fit but I haven't done it to an RCZ. Steven at RCZperformance might be able to give you some clearer advice on fitting if nobody else and he's where I'd get the kits from as he has the best on sale for the RCZ at this time and his prices are always very competitive. The only cautionary word I'd offer with them is that they're a bit of an MOT grey area. However, it's easy enough to revert back from for this short period of time.

Here's a link for the ones I would go for and a link to explain them a little better:

http://rczperformance.com/site/mobile?u ... .html#2962

http://shop.rczperformance.com/product.sc?productId=35

Hope that helps! :D

GaryLarry

Reaction score
See the attached photo. At the top right you can see the two looped pieces of wire. Move those outwards and off the T bar they're attached to and the whole wire section can be flipped away from the bulb. Make a note of the positioning of the bulb as it has to be correctly seated (notch at the top).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 5,304