What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Central Locking issue (I think) - boot won't open!

Aylia Fox

Reaction score
Hi,

something has happened (I think with the cental locking system) whereby I cannot open the boot of my Peugeot RCZ and the car itself won't lock.

When I use the remote at present it makes the appropriate 'lock/unlock' 'clicking' noise when I press lock/unlcok, but there are no flashing lights that should go on/off at the same time.

When I opened the door of the car this morning the alaram went off and, as I was driving it, a message came up in the LCD saying the boot was open,.

I referred to the owners' manual and tried the troubleshooting reinitilisation process it suggested. This involved putting the key in the ignition,, turning it twice to the right and clicking on the 'closed' padlock. But nothing changed.

Can anyone help please?

I need to get into the boot urgently as a document to do with my work is trapped in there!

Thank you,

Aylia

Pedro

Reaction score
Check the main battery also a low key battery has been a known culprit failing that you may to reset the BSI which is detailed on here in numerous posts

Aylia Fox

Reaction score
Hi Pedro, thank you for your response. I tried both keys I have for the car, and the result was the same, so I assume it isn't a key battery issue.

What is the BSI please?

Aylia

Pedro

Reaction score
Built in systems interface (BSI) which has a multi functional operation within the vehicles ancillary systems including the "Central Locking" speedometer Lights & Immobiliser (alarm system) any malfunctions will affect the vehicles anti theft & locking system & the boot-doors operation you may even need the keys reprogrammed if there is no fault within the cars ancillaries computer which is not uncommon on modern cars as the keys carry a chip which the car picks up signals from & uploads data to recognize the correct key codes when you unlock the doors & enter it into the ignition

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you want to try a BSI reset,

Here is the BSI reset procedure:-

BSI reset....

Put the drivers window down, lift the bonnet & ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from ignition,
Wait 3 minutes, disconnect vehicle battery & wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect battery, wait further 10 seconds (do not open doors)
Switch on the side lights through the drivers window.
Switch on the ignition & check systems functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door, test central locking system.
Start the engine & complete the system check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

Let us know if this helps.

Reactions: NF7

Pedro

Reaction score
If you want to try a BSI reset,

Here is the BSI reset procedure:-

BSI reset....

Put the drivers window down, lift the bonnet & ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from ignition,
Wait 3 minutes, disconnect vehicle battery & wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect battery, wait further 10 seconds (do not open doors)
Switch on the side lights through the drivers window.
Switch on the ignition & check systems functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door, test central locking system.
Start the engine & complete the system check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

Let us know if this helps.
Just thinking how many times you have had to post that up? 😄

DKZ5745

Reaction score
🤣 They should put a sticker on top of the drivers sun visor in every RCZ 🤔😂

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Can not believe that DKZ.... But I am sure that you have helped so many RCZers out who have used your post and fixed there issues..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

something has happened (I think with the cental locking system) whereby I cannot open the boot of my Peugeot RCZ and the car itself won't lock.

When I use the remote at present it makes the appropriate 'lock/unlock' 'clicking' noise when I press lock/unlcok, but there are no flashing lights that should go on/off at the same time.

When I opened the door of the car this morning the alaram went off and, as I was driving it, a message came up in the LCD saying the boot was open,.

I referred to the owners' manual and tried the troubleshooting reinitilisation process it suggested. This involved putting the key in the ignition,, turning it twice to the right and clicking on the 'closed' padlock. But nothing changed.

Can anyone help please?

I need to get into the boot urgently as a document to do with my work is trapped in there!

Thank you,

Aylia
Have you made sure the rear boot switch isn’t stuck in, they have been known to stick if pressed on just one side rather than the middle and it causes all sorts of havoc with the central locking it happened to me once just make sure by pressing the rubber switch all the way along