What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Central Display Screen.

A

Anonymous

THP 200 Central Display Screen. Ignition key turned, with "Oil Level Correct" displayed for a few seconds,

followed by "Automatic Door Lock Activated" and seconds later by a 1mm wide (say) orange-line imposed

horizontally and about halfway across the depth of the otherwise black screen. Then, key turned

and engine fired .

BUT absolutely no change in the screen display of the 1mm wide line across a black screen. This display does not

change when the car moves forward - at any speed.

Totally absent now are displays concerning range, consumption etc., and what I miss most

of all is the large digital speed display for speed. It cannot be a fuse problem. Can anyone please inform me

of the problem resolve and what is entailed to rectify it - that is assuming I have not lost redemption by not

pressing the right button to gain the function in the first place.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
As far as I know, it's just a case of pressing the button on the end of the wiper stalk to cycle through the various options on this screen. One of the screen options appears to be the screen you mentioned, as I get the same. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Be Jaesus DKZ---- you are right on the button first time. I pressed on the wiper button and the readings

on the Display Screen were there. Please tell me as to where in the anomalous RCZ Handbook such

reference is noted ? That handbook I have found as just about void of British common appropriate

motoring terminology for addressing many involved issues ie., such as 'dip-stick', missing in the

alphabetical index.

Also thank you "tianorth" for your offering on the issue.

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi kenprotheroe,

I can see where you are coming from when you make comment about the handbook as you only have to look at the dip stick page to see how much care was taken in making it fully relevant :thumbup:
If you have that round button with four segments in the central housing near to the rear spoiler activation override button that is also used to scroll through the orange display option you're referring to.

.the big blue (..I found what that button was akin to using the button on the end of the wiper stalk when I was faced with that same "orange line") :beer:

A

Anonymous

G'evenin' big blue,

We seemingly could have varied Handbooks. The main menu functions button

you refer to is not located as per the page 22's illustration in the said Handbook (top R.H. side).

If you (as I currently look at it) look at page 10's Centre Consoles' L.H. illustration, that main functions

(4 segmented) button is not in the same housing as (a) the 12v socket capping and (b) the rear spoiler

activation button.

In my motor (sans a Peugeot Connect Media CONTROL PANEL) the menu

functions button is isolated adjacent to the R.H.side of the radio.

A small matter of detail but I thank you for your indulgence. kp

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi kenprotheroe, :greetings-wavingblue:
..soz if I gave duff info to you, :thumbdown: I was answering off the cuff with regard to my use of my segmented button in the region of the spoiler override button, the former of which I didn't touch for ages until one day by accident I pushed it and found that it scrolled through the amber display you initially mentioned as activated via the button on the tip of the wiper stalk.

Im not the most techno minded and have not used most of the functions in my electro wizardry filled Z' and have relied solely on the use of cd's instead of utilising any of the additional features of my JBL media system, cruise control features, climate control etc. Such features are those fitted that detract manufacturers from making the actual drive/ feel of the car paramount ,,PLUS there's no window winder to lower or raise the front windows AND no choke !! :lol:

Im so "retro" I still convert the litres into gallons at the pump :beer: ,,and dance the way I do :dance:

.the big blue (..drives a Z' but prefers the pure features of a go-kart) :crazy:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, Big Blue, how long did you spend looking for a winder hole in the Radiator Grill before you gave in and just used the key? :eusa-think:

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi DKZ5745 and all :greetings-wavingblue:

..I soon gave up looking for the starter winder in the grill, then went to use the kick start which too was missing from the drivers open door (I decided stuff the handbook) ,,it was then that I realised that the key opened more than just the door on these modern automobiles! :helpme:

However, I still find getting the pre-mix a difficult process when at the petrol pumps as two stroke engines are temperamental and smokey OR have I got that seriously wrong too !! :lol:

.the big blue (..destined to remain a Forum back bencher AND an automotive purist/ dinosaur too) :crazy:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have found that 5 litres of paraffin mixed with a large bottle of Spry Crisp & Dry appears to give the correct mixture, however I have so far been unable to get the Z to start :eusa-think:

Anyone know of an easy way of draining the tank.......... :eusa-whistle:

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' all :greetings-wavingblue:

...'Spry Crisp and Dry' thats even more "retro" than this automotive purist back bencher who of course pre-mixes with Olive Oil ,,blended by virgins OR is that not what the label means?? ..have I got the latter wrong as well ! :oops:

.the big blue (..OH' ,,& if I can't get leaded 5 star petrol at the forecourt is Shell V-Power a solution :?: ) ! :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Kind of - Back to the thread - does anyone know what the screen mentioned above, (black with an orange line across) is all about?
I assume Pug put it there for some reason? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

My guess is it's so that at night you can drive with less distraction/glare, not that it's all that bright but at least it proves the screen is still working.

I can't remember if the cruise control/speed limiter info remains visible above that line even if the bit below is blank but that would make sense if it did.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

pete.garratt

Reaction score
It does several things (dependant on options):
Digital speedo
Warning messages
Trip computer info
Navigation instructions
Gear change indicator
Etc.

stagger321

Reaction score
No heartbeat sensed from drivers seat.
Driver has flatlined.
Peugeot Emergency Assist - get me a new driver.

This is purely an uneducated guess of course....... :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So that's, answers on a postcard to Peugeot UK, and the winner will get their car jacked up free of charge, some working locking wheel bolts, timing chain & high pressure fuel pump. Not that there are any problems associated with any of the above items of course.
No RCZ was harmed during the making of this thread. :geek:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Well, actually quite a few RCZ's were harmed, but it was in no way Peugeot's fault whatsoever. :eusa-whistle: