What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Carbon build up removal

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
Hi has anyone had experience of cleaning their intake valves? Either with seafoam or similar or through walnut sand blasting?
Thanks

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I only have experience with the old school italian tuneup cleaning. It was once applied to my R. It did not bring huge improvements as the intakes on my R were pretty clean over the period with her.
Instead of that I regularly blasted the car over longer distances (+300 miles) when it was raining cats and dogs. The humidity in the air helped to clean up the residue a bit. The fact that I hardly ever used my R in city driving helped prevent any built up. So the rainy-days-method was helpful in my case. With a clogged engine I suppose only brute force will help.
I recall posting here somewhere on the forum about a new method of intake cleaning with some chemical residue which is put into the intakes, binds the carbons and is the sucked out of those intakes.

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
I only have experience with the old school italian tuneup cleaning. It was once applied to my R. It did not bring huge improvements as the intakes on my R were pretty clean over the period with her.
Instead of that I regularly blasted the car over longer distances (+300 miles) when it was raining cats and dogs. The humidity in the air helped to clean up the residue a bit. The fact that I hardly ever used my R in city driving helped prevent any built up. So the rainy-days-method was helpful in my case. With a clogged engine I suppose only brute force will help.
I recall posting here somewhere on the forum about a new method of intake cleaning with some chemical residue which is put into the intakes, binds the carbons and is the sucked out of those intakes.
Hi buddy. Yes I have heard of that also. It is finding somewherecreputable that does it?
Cheers

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Unfortunately I cannot help you out there. Different region I am coming from.

sgl3112

Reaction score
Hi has anyone had experience of cleaning their intake valves? Either with seafoam or similar or through walnut sand blasting?
Thanks
Hi did try walnut blasting? My RCZ has a cold lumpy idle that goes away when hot, thinking could be intake valve carbon build up.

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
Hi did try walnut blasting? My RCZ has a cold lumpy idle that goes away when hot, thinking could be intake valve carbon build up.
Hi buddy. No not yet. I've got the timing chain to sort first. Let me know if you find somewhere and the cost etc. Cheers

RCZPAUL

Reaction score
I have a timing chain kit available Timing Chain Kit TCK118 FAI Citroen DS3 and Peugeot RCZ | eBay. We’ll worth the effort and the lack of rattle is wonderful!
Hi buddy.
Tbh I'm probably going to buy a genuine Peugeot timing Chain. Fai have had some poor reviews and alegedly some people having chains snapping after a very short time on some Nissan forums that I came across? That was only a quick search but it was enough to put me off. I'm sure other people will have a different experience? I may look at Febi also but I need to research further.