What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Car won't start

robbieh

Reaction score
Hi guys. Need help again!
Yesterday went out in the car and fine no problem at all. Parked up then went to go out later and the car turns over but won't fire. Also now I've noticed I can't hear the fuel pump making the prime sound when you 1st put the key in the ignition? I've checked the fuse but am now stuck as to what to check next? Maybe the pump itself but not sure where it's located.? Thanks in advance

frankvdb

Reaction score
robbieh said:
Hi guys. Need help again!
Yesterday went out in the car and fine no problem at all. Parked up then went to go out later and the car turns over but won't fire. Also now I've noticed I can't hear the fuel pump making the prime sound when you 1st put the key in the ignition? I've checked the fuse but am now stuck as to what to check next? Maybe the pump itself but not sure where it's located.? Thanks in advance

Did you check the battery?

robbieh

Reaction score
Yea. Car turns over great just wont fire? Maybe pump relay? I dont know

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Electrics - Fuel - Ignition,

go through the list with each specific area,

ie; electrics - battery, starter motor, fuel pump ( in more than one topic ), fuel - is it getting through ( again pump ) filter - yes it has one and it is in the tank !!! plugs, ignition, coil packs ......

you get the message....

Good luck.

Cheers M... :beer:

robbieh

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Will be looking today at the car. Start with the relay the check power at the pump. I think it's on the top of the engine? See if it's getting power. But after that it'll have to be a mobile mechanic I think?

robbieh

Reaction score
does anyone have a picture of the fuel pump or the position of it?
thanks

robbieh

Reaction score
Meant to say I've had no codes at all come up?

robbieh

Reaction score
Thanks for the video. Not the same problem that I have but at least I now know where the pump is! I've got someone coming over today to do a full diagnostic. Way cheaper than peugeot. Friend of a friend. Only £20. He has got all the diagnostic software so hopefully I'll find out later today and let you know the results

RCZ Downunder

Reaction score
May I ask did you eventually find out what was causing the No start issue??
I’ve currently got the exact same issue with a 2015 200 tph . No pump noise when key is turned to on

DemetriZ

Reaction score
I had a similar non-starting issue the very next day after buying the car... which is probably the reason the previous owner wanted to sell it so cheap... judging by the recent mechanic's receipts I found in the car.

The previous owner had changed the high-pressure fuel pump, but the pipe that was going to the pump was cracked, so fuel was leaking and the engine would not ignite.

Waiting for the new pipe, and hopefully I bagged myself a bargain.

lfe

Reaction score
May I ask did you eventually find out what was causing the No start issue??
I’ve currently got the exact same issue with a 2015 200 tph . No pump noise when key is turned to on
On mine, on cold start, the pump is only heard when the key is inserted, not when it is turned.

But even if the pump is heard, the pressure before the high pressure pump does not increase to approx. 5 bar until the key is turned.

This pressure can be checked in two ways:

- With a suitable pressure gauge in a valve on the side of the timing chain, the valve looks like one to inflate a tire

- Through the OBDII connector, controlling the fuel rail pressure, when the key is turned it must go up to around 5 bar and then up to around 50 bar or more when the engine runs.

Last edited:

RCZ Downunder

Reaction score
turns out it is the primary fuel pump located on the top of the fuel tank which must be removed for access, doing this job today and not looking forward to it

RCZ Downunder

Reaction score
turns out it is the primary fuel pump located on the top of the fuel tank which must be removed for access, doing this job today and not looking forward to it
Quick update on the No start issue . Turns out it was the primary fuel pump located in the petrol tank itself. My customer bought the car from an on line auction and although it had an video of the car running fine, I found out the video was 2 years old and the car had been sitting in a auction yard for over 2years and the Petrol in the tank had deteriorated so bad, it clogged up and corroded the fuel pump. Had to remove the tank to install the replacement (pretty easy job) then car started first time is is running like a dream since. I also flushed the entire fuel system before starting the engine. Just thought I’d let you guys know in case my story helps anyone in the future