What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Car Wax and Polish

A

Anonymous

For the first time I washed my car properly this weekend. I bought proper shampoo, meguiars polish and blue velvet dodo juice wax.

It took me ages but really worth the hassle. BeforeII knew it was dark outside! Managed to get rid of the swirl marks in the paint work and now the car is giving off that reflective mirror look. My car is normally pretty dirty once its been on the road for a few miles especially in the Glasgow rain. I'd also recommend the dodo juice. Bought the smallest tub at £6 and although its small it'll last ages.

Polished and Waxed it on Saturday and its still immaculate. I gave the car another coat of wax last night and I've left it on so another coat should keep the paintwork protected for a few months.

The polish was £12, The wax was £6 and I got 2 wax applicator pads from tesco for £3. Absolute bargain!

J

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hey good news JohnBhoy89 :thumbup:

Just noted a couple of points though. Please tell me you hadn't driven the car yesterday or it had been stood outside. If you had, tell me you washed the car first before you applied the second layer. :eusa-think: :?:

You also say you waxed the car last night and you left it on. Do you mean you didn't buff it off :?:

Just worried that you could be inflicting damage onto your paintwork.

The Dodo waxes are very good :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
You also say you waxed the car last night and you left it on. Do you mean you didn't buff it off :?:
I was under the impression that the longer you left the wax before buffing it off the better. Even overnight provided it was kept in a dust free environment :helpme:

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:
I was under the impression that the longer you left the wax before buffing it off the better. Even overnight provided it was kept in a dust free environment :helpme:

Well yes and no Ron. It will depend on the wax being used. Some you can only leave for a minute, others 10 minutes some a bit longer. The longer you leave it the harder it will be to remove therefore inflicting damage to get it off. It should be removed when it's cured and you can do something called the "swipe test" to determine if it has.

A

Anonymous

Oh dear. Back to school for me then. Roll on our day out in April. Knowledge Knowledge tis what I need

A

Anonymous

The dodo wax is really good and very light so I left on from about 10pm (underbuilding garage) and buffed it off the next day at 8pm.

I would do this with a polish or anything like that, to be honest I can't see this making the wax that more effective, its just nice to out it on without having to buff it all off again so quickly!

Getting my scuffed alloy wheel fixed tomorrow, damn garage owed me it since December! My locking nut is still in the wee bag :(

J

A

Anonymous

Hi

It’s ok to leave some waxes overnight in nice dry garage other waxes if left more than couple of mins can be a nightmare to get off 2 coats is ideal for wax application normally an hour apart though a lot do recommended 24 hours apart if possible.

A

Anonymous

My RCZ just after its polish and wax, the darkness doesn't help!

J

Attachments

• RCZ.jpg
    RCZ.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 1,233