What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

car says flat tyre, but not so

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
My car is fibbing.
It says a tyre is deflated; and it ain't.
My guess is the thingy in the valve has gone duff.
Q1 - do you think I am right?
Q2 - do the thingies in each wheel incorporate a battery, which might be flat?
Q3 - do I get the naughty thingy/valve replaced, as first action?
Q4 - is it sensible to get all four replaced?
Thanks, in advance for your advice!

2retro

Reaction score
There are batteries in them but they are supposed to last 5 year's I believe. Annoyingly though, as the tyre has to come off to replace it, a dud one is an MOT fail over here apparently...

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Maybe it’s an idea to get them all done if it is the battery that’s died. They will have all been put in at the same time (ish) so if ones gone, the others are presumably close behind 🤔

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Maybe it’s an idea to get them all done if it is the battery that’s died. They will have all been put in at the same time (ish) so if ones gone, the others are presumably close behind 🤔
Yep! My thinking also.
Thanks.
Six year old and most likely original TPMS components, so an extra few euros as an insurance policy.
And, as the local Pug man looks after the fleet, I'll cross his palm with silver (possibly gold) to get the Pug bits fitted.