What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Car reader

MyBulbsBlew

Reaction score
Hi folks, just a quick one could anyone recommend a fault reader I could get to read the RCZ faults? I have a engine warning light that keeps coming and going that i want to locate. I suspect that its a faulty sensor but just need to know what one.

also...

I have replaced radio on it with a android headless unit but i was looking for a better one as the current one only has 1gb ram and its kind of sluggish. Its doing everything i need it to do but would love one that runs smooth, and if possible has 4/5g capabilities.

Not sure if the last should be under this topic an if so let me know and I'll move across :)

Pedro

Reaction score
Depends on how much you want to spend a cheap code reader will do some functions but not all I have 2 Topdon's small & medium size scanners which do almost everything but I have the Peugeot planet on a laptop as a backup
I never go near any media upgrades I've been asked in the past but avoid them like the plague

MyBulbsBlew

Reaction score
Ah nps pal, cheers for getting back to me.

I checked the Laptop option and it looks like good option. I seen a guide there that it runs on XP, I am thinking of creating and running it on a VM (virtual Machine) on my laptop save me buying a laptop for it (If it works)

The Topdon's scanners is there ones you would recommend,

lfe

Reaction score
You only need a ELM327 ODB2 bluetooth connector, available on Amazon, and a free app on your mobile device like Torque.

You will be able to read and clear the fault codes.

Total cost < €10

diogosaka

Reaction score
I personally use a Vgate iCar Pro and bought the Car Scanner app available in the PlayStore (but you could go with the free version no problem). This device is quick in reading and it automatically turns on/off if that is releavant to you, just choose the version with BLE4. Another feature that is interesting is that firmware updates are available for these chips. I personally recommend it and after owning a couple of basic elm327 (both bluetooth and wifi) these are way quicker. Torque software is good looking but to me it just hasn't got any good updates for a while now, not like the Car Scanner app which also lets you code some basic parameters which simply no other tool I know enables you to (excluding factory rip offs like vag.com and other PSA related).

Pedro

Reaction score
My 2 are no longer available but you can buy a a TOPDON AL300 at £16 on OnBuy does all obd2 functions & will reset the EML + performs smog test & to be honest these scanners are good value I have measured fuel trims from my small one which I assume this type will have same functions