What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Car park blues..

jr4070

Reaction score
Parked on saturday at the outlet in Swindon. Used an area that was empty when I arrived. Iknew it would get busy, but thats why we went early.. To beat the crowds..
Walking back to a now heaving car park I noticed another Z on the end, nice, then I noted the empty space next to me being reversed into by a Ford Ranger Pick up thing..absolutely shoe horning it in.. As i aproched the pasenger door opened and ...clump.. right into the R..lets just say the rest of the event isnt typeable.. The driver did offer to pay for any damage.. It was raining.. Still is so a proper assesment hasn't been carried out.. It looks ok..I then had to shoe horn the car out of a megagger narrow gap that I normally do not use.. Front right wheel curbed... #######. I have been miserable all day...

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident, it’s a nightmare parking up anywhere! It’s the 4x4s And people carriers that are the worst with their big high doors with hyper kids behind them! I would have taken the guys details incase if any repairs that may be needed :eusa-think: hope when you get to inspect properly it’s not too bad. I have quite a few small car parking marks on my Z and it bugs me every time I wash it

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine had a couple of dings in it when I bought it. I paid a PDR guy to pull them out. Cost about £40.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
No dings (as such) so far, but the paintwork on the front bumper is looking decidedly shabby from stone chips. :eusa-think:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
No dings (as such) so far, but the paintwork on the front bumper is looking decidedly shabby from stone chips. :eusa-think:
Strangely my Z is ok for those.
My 508 though was lathered in them.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Morons the lot of em.

My misses was doing some fancy thing with the pots in the sink that involved soapy water ! :eusa-whistle:

When she saw a council van pull up next to our car, he got out of the van and let the wind blow his door into our car, then proceeded to walk away, that was until her indoors pulled him up, consequently the council paid up, which in a way still cost me as a council tax payee. Then the garage charged £500 for the pleasure of rectifying the door. Where do they get there prices from? But of course it doesn't end there because the insurance company said I had been involved in an accident - oh yeah, so my premiums went up for the pleasure of it.
How can they say you are more of a risk now because some tit caused damage to a parked car with no-one inside. Yes I'm definitely more or a risk now, that's changed how I drive.
Like the other year.....
driving down the dual carriageway minding my own business in the outside lane of course, when some muppet just pulled into me from the inside lane, he said he was looking at his sat-nav, I think he was on the phone. Anyways, he admitted it was his fault and rang his insurance in front of me and admitted it to them too - brilliant you might say, yes me too, but I did the most stupidest law abiding thing - I told my insurance. Yes I know 1D1oT !!!
Well you guessed it - I'm even more of a risk now, because I've been involved in two accidents - now I ask the jury on this forgiving site, how the hell can I be responsible for the Stevie Wonder driver who runs into me?

Now look what you got me doing ........ has anyone got any good news ??

:beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It has been the subject of many an argument with various insurance companies why a “no fault claim” can possibly affect my future premiums.

The clue is in the title...... NO FAULT claim.

But of course they seem to think they are doing you a favour by taking vast amounts of money from you annually, increasing this amount every year whether or not you have any claims, and then if you do claim, they want the first several hundred pounds off you in XS and then increase your already over inflated premiums, making it almost cheaper to pay thousands for an annual train ticket.

I swear if they’re not careful, people will just get taxis everywhere to save money :eusa-think:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
This ones even better! A few years ago the wife had an accident. Who was at fault was contested and we just let our insurance company sort it out, next thing we had a county court invitation from the other drivers insurance company so we forwarded this to our insurance followed up with a telephone call where our insurance said don’t worry everything’s all in hand :eusa-whistle: next thing county court judgement against us because our insurance company never even attended!!! Barristers excuse was insurance company hadn’t let him know in time! So another court hearing was arranged and this time after hearing all the evidence the judge ruled that my wife was at no way to blame not even by 1% so our barrister said the other side now has to pay up as it was a gentleman’s agreement between insurance companies that if they lost in Court they paid,but no they refused to pay and my insurance wouldn’t chase it and said we could do it privately if we wanted but because our insurance hadn’t recovered their money it went as a fault accident even though my wife was cleared of any fault buy a judge in court! At the end of the day insurance companies are just a law unto themselves and we just have to fall into place! And as a p.s we had legal cover in place and they wouldn’t do anything because the insurer hadn’t got the their money so I’ve never paid for legal cover ever again on an insurance policy not worth the paper it’s written on! :(

Plecodoras

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
This ones even better! A few years ago the wife had an accident. Who was at fault was contested and we just let our insurance company sort it out, next thing we had a county court invitation from the other drivers insurance company so we forwarded this to our insurance followed up with a telephone call where our insurance said don’t worry everything’s all in hand :eusa-whistle: next thing county court judgement against us because our insurance company never even attended!!! Barristers excuse was insurance company hadn’t let him know in time! So another court hearing was arranged and this time after hearing all the evidence the judge ruled that my wife was at no way to blame not even by 1% so our barrister said the other side now has to pay up as it was a gentleman’s agreement between insurance companies that if they lost in Court they paid,but no they refused to pay and my insurance wouldn’t chase it and said we could do it privately if we wanted but because our insurance hadn’t recovered their money it went as a fault accident even though my wife was cleared of any fault buy a judge in court! At the end of the day insurance companies are just a law unto themselves and we just have to fall into place! And as a p.s we had legal cover in place and they wouldn’t do anything because the insurer hadn’t got the their money so I’ve never paid for legal cover ever again on an insurance policy not worth the paper it’s written on! :(

Geeze just when you think you have it bad...... you prove there's worse out there, sorry to hear that Neil..