What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Car juddering while at certain high speed, what could be the problem?

tomflek

Reaction score
So I have had this problem since I bought the car used aka pretty much over 2 years ago, car juddering/stutters slightly but constantly while driving at around 80-100km/h with cruise control, and this only seems to happen whenever I start/use A/C, but if I drive slower than 80 or faster than 100, car doesn't judder/stutter anymore that same way at all, what could be causing this annoying problem? 80-100km/h speeds are actually that average main legal speeds that we are allowed to drive here in Finland and car has been driven now just over 170 000km, so could it be some kind of sensor has weared out at that speed range, like cruise control sensor wear out if car has been driven that long at those speeds, or what the h*ll could be causing this? Power is there when needed etc, saying that otherwise car seems to be running just perfectly...

ZaxterB

Reaction score
Mine was juddering between 60-70 mph (95-110kph) before I bought it and the garage just had to balance the wheels.
so it might just need wheel balancing.

lfe

Reaction score
I also noticed that vibration at 100-120 km/h as if the engine was jerking.

The problem was the balancing of a rear wheel, it disappeared after going to the tyre shop. Furthermore, this vibration can cause the tyre to wear poorly, with saw teeth.

MHM

Reaction score
Yeah deal with worn tires / wheel balancing / wheel alignment before you go chasing weird electrical stuff.

tomflek

Reaction score
Mine was juddering between 60-70 mph (95-110kph) before I bought it and the garage just had to balance the wheels.
so it might just need wheel balancing.

I also noticed that vibration at 100-120 km/h as if the engine was jerking.

The problem was the balancing of a rear wheel, it disappeared after going to the tyre shop. Furthermore, this vibration can cause the tyre to wear poorly, with saw teeth.

Yeah deal with worn tires / wheel balancing / wheel alignment before you go chasing weird electrical stuff.

But like I said, it only starts to happen when I turn/use A/C on as A/C's always add significant extra load to electronics/electricity and to engine itself