What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Car alarm rings randomly and stops spontaneously

A

Anonymous

My 156 rcz car alarm occasionally rings 1 minute after I lock the car and it will spontaneously stop after ~3 minutes of ringing.

This happens at least once a week. Anyone knows why ?

A

Anonymous

Good thread.
I've never heard the car alarm go off :eusa-think:

Wonder what it sounds like :ugeek:

Sorry, didn't answer the question, hence the edit.
There's something wrong with it - take it back to the Dealer :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

There was one occassion that i left my mum in the car and headed to the chippy. She then locked it from the inside and set the alarm off somehow. I got a paniced call from her asking how to put it off. Again doesn't sort out your problem but it amused me no end :)

A

Anonymous

I dont think the write up for the alarm in the manual is correct, as my does not have a shock sensor, yet it show's it in the manual.

Anyway, as for the alarm sounding after the car is locked it could be something like a slight power surge setting it off, for instance I have LED side lights that flicker on/off when i lock the car and sometimes i've noticed that they stay very slightly illuminated for around a minute or so, even though its not affecting the alarm at the moment, it probably could do .

Do you have a "smelly" dangling from your mirror, this is another common thing for setting of the sensor, i've also known a slight breeze through the air vents to trigger an alarm.
Does it trigger night and day, it could be something to do with your light settings ie, the "see me home" setting where the lights stay on for a little while, basicaly try to elimate things so that you can pass this all to the dealer if you need to take it in.

intermittent problems like this are a pain to pin point.

Ps, i recently had a problem with the central locking on my RCZ, (boot opening by itself when unlocking the doors) when it went into the dealers they couldnt find a problem, as it had righted itself, typical ! However the service manager did comment that they had seen a couple of models including the RCZ where the central locking and the alarm system needed re-setting due to locking and false alarming issues. might be worth speaking to your dealer ?

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,
This is the forth night in a row that alarm randomly rings, any tips?
He stays all day and night in my garden with no access to external people, there's no animals like flies inside...
People is getting crazy in here
:S
bloodlegna, did you solved your problem?

A

Anonymous

Disable the interior sensor when setting the alarm. If it behaves then you know it is that causing the alarm to trigger.

A

Anonymous

I would definitely agree with Ceejay on this, my old 406 coupe would go off randomly. I was told by garage that it was probably the internal motion sensors being overly sensitive. About £250 to replace and not guaranteed or just switch them off each time you leave the car. You soon get used to doing it out of habit.

How are things with the alarm now?

A

Anonymous

Should of course have mentioned that turning off the internal sensors fixed the issue 100%