What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Can't make phone call

A

Anonymous

I've just realised that I've never been able to make a phone call using bluetooth. I have the standard unit (not media player) and I have connected my Samsung Galaxy SII and been able to receive calls. However I do not seem to be able to make calls.

I can access the directory (either via the menu buttons or from the stalk), move up and down the directory to a number, then I get stuck. No matter what I do it will not call!

I thought that pressing the stalk button would make the call but all that happens is that the menu screen closes. I have tried pressing the stalk once quickly and holding it for 2 seconds. Either way I get bounced out of the phone menu.

I have also tried making a call via the navigation buttons next to the menu button. I get to 'call', scroll to a number then try pressing ok to make the call - same thing happens, I get bounced out again ... no call.

What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Its a bit of both I think, I use the button on the radio, but I did think my "press the end of the stalk" worked as well. Know my stalk only does page up and down in my phone book and I have to use the buttons on the radio to get up and down on the page.

Paul

A

Anonymous

Telford Steve said:
I've just realised that I've never been able to make a phone call using bluetooth. I have the standard unit (not media player) and I have connected my Samsung Galaxy SII and been able to receive calls. However I do not seem to be able to make calls.

I can access the directory (either via the menu buttons or from the stalk), move up and down the directory to a number, then I get stuck. No matter what I do it will not call!

I thought that pressing the stalk button would make the call but all that happens is that the menu screen closes. I have tried pressing the stalk once quickly and holding it for 2 seconds. Either way I get bounced out of the phone menu.

I have also tried making a call via the navigation buttons next to the menu button. I get to 'call', scroll to a number then try pressing ok to make the call - same thing happens, I get bounced out again ... no call.

What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Same for me with my Galaxy SII. I think there MAY be an issue with andriod on this stereo. My old Samsung worked no problem, i,e. non-android. This stereo (and it's software) is older than the Galaxy SII and wonder if they're not compatible. I did ask in a post ages ago, if it was possible to get a software upgrade via USB but no-one replied. I'd contact Pug with this but I wouldn't know where to start. Lumbered with this SII for 2 years and can't make a phone call on it is PANTS!!! It's SUPPOSED to be one of the best phones on the market just now too :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

Anyone from Pug on here we could PM?????

A

Anonymous

Donna, I think you are correct, Android on the Galaxy seems to play up with the cars Bluetooth.

I have the Galaxy and it keeps dropping the bluetooth connection AND unpairing from the cars bluetooth paired phones.

Like you I agree the NG4's software urgently needs updating, but i wouldnt hold your breath, I think even newer models are still using the older software.

We should ALL post a thread asking for answers to the update question, maybe the Peugeot Technical will reply ?
My old phone was a Sony and it worked great, so the problem is software.
PS,
have you paired the phone to the NG4 ?

A

Anonymous

Pleased I didn't waste my hard earned on this particular extra :thumbup:

Hope the PM gets things sorted for you All though.
Nothing worse than a Gadget that doesn't work or is too complicated to be bothered with.

Thinking about it, there is something worse than a gadget that doesn't work or is too complicated to be bothered with and that's paying extra to have it - or not have it as the case may be :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Donna, I think you are correct, Android on the Galaxy seems to play up with the cars Bluetooth.
have you paired the phone to the NG4 ?

The phone paired up no problem :) Steve set it up initially for me, so he put in all the codes and stuff. Always get a welcome whistle from the phone when I get in the car :)

An upgrade SHOULD be easily done if there was one, bung in a memory stick and hey presto.... you'd think!