What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

CANCELLED !!!!! RCZ 10 Year Celebration Day UK - 12 July 2020

RCZ1

Reaction score
••• RCZ 10 YEAR CELEBRATION DAY•••

Clear your diaries ! Cancel your holidays. Cancel all birthdays. Cancel all family get togethers. There’s only one date you need in your diary for 2020.

*** Sunday 12 July 2020 - The French Connection ! ***

For the last couple of months the Admin teams on the RCZ Owners Group and this Forum have been busy working hard to organise a special event to celebrate 10 years of the RCZ going on sale in the UK.

We plan to make this a very special day and we want YOU to come along to help us make this the biggest gathering of RCZs we have ever seen in the UK. Let’s celebrate our beautiful cars and all that’s great about the RCZ. Let’s make this a day we can all be proud of. RCZ Owners far and wide, let’s make this happen. If you have never been to a Group event before make this THE one to attend. Everyone is super friendly and what better way to spend a day then with like minded enthusiasts and feasting your eyes upon those gorgeous RCZs.

*** Location - Yorkshire Air Museum, York YO41 4AU ***

There is a big French connection beteeen the location and the car because during the WWII there were 2 French squadrons based at RAF Elvington. In recognition of this, the Halifax Friday the 13th carries French Air Force markings along her starboard side and can be seen on display at the museum, alongside many many other aircraft.

Elvington Airfield is also renowned for being the location where Richard Hammond spectacularly crashed at 300mph whilst filming for Top Gear.

All parts of the museum are free to be explored during the day. There is lots to keep everyone entertained.

http://yorkshireairmuseum.org/about/fre ... ring-wwii/

++++ Cost - £30 per car (substantially reduced fee)
*Cost includes entrance to the Event, the Yorkshire Air Museum and Group parade laps on Elvington Airfield

++++Close to the city of York and the beautiful North York Moors, there is lots to explore and lots of accommodation for those that would like to make a weekend of it.

++++ For our European friends who would like to attend, the ferry port at Hull is only 1 hour away.

++++ The RCZs will be on display right in the heart of the museum in a large display area

++++ We have a separate entrance to allow direct access to the display area

++++ The display area allows direct access to the Elvington Air Field where we are planning parade laps (further details to follow)

++++ Private catering to be provided (at extra cost - details to follow)

++++ Or if you prefer you can bring your own picnic, there are lots of green spaces or make use of the onsite restaurant/cafe

++++ Show and Shine
MK 1 Standard
Mk 1 Modified
Mk 2 Standard
Mk 2 Modified
RCZ R
Best of Show
Prizes !!!

++++ If there are people interested, for those that plan to make a weekend of it and come up on the Saturday, a Meet and Greet late afternoon / evening for a small drive on the Saturday to take in the lovely scenery and a meal and drinks.

++++ More details will be posted as things progress, we have big plans.

++++ Get your name down NOW ! Please don’t miss out on what is going to be a fantastic Celebration Day!

Please comment here if you would like to attend.

Your place will be secured with the £30 payment. There will be a strict cut off date for payment to be received.

please send payment to secure PayPal pool

Last edited:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Sounds like an awful lot of work & effort has gone into the organisation of this event, (as usual) which sounds awesome.

I will certainly be looking at that date as soon as I can & hopefully be able to finally attend another meet. :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I’m a definite wouldn’t miss this for the world! Put me down +1 for a place and would like to do the Saturday meet and greet too :dance:

RCZ1

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Well I’m a definite wouldn’t miss this for the world! Put me down +1 for a place and would like to do the Saturday meet and greet too :dance:

That’s brilliant Neil. It promises to be a fabulous day.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I would be a fool if I missed this one so put me down for the meeting with the Grey Lady
Looking forward to seeing a lot of RCZs in one place so put us on the list Les n Karen

RCZ1

Reaction score
Verminator said:
Well I would be a fool if I missed this one so put me down for the meeting with the Grey Lady

Would you be interested in the Meet and Greet too on the Saturday ?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes me and kaz and the Grey Lady would be interested in the the meet and greet on Saturday

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well I'd like to be 21.

So can you put me and the misses down for both days, and I'll even bring the old jalopy !!

Sounds a great event, I can nearly roll out of bed and be there - now how can I miss that ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sawboman said:
Hi everyone me and and my wife pat will be there sounds great :greetings-wavingblue:

That’s great. Let me know if you intend to do the Meet and Greet on the Saturday too.

Also what’s your real name ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Well I'd like to be 21.

So can you put me and the misses down for both days, and I'll even bring the old jalopy !!

Sounds a great event, I can nearly roll out of bed and be there - now how can I miss that ?

That’s great Mick. You are on the list.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Well I'd like to be 21.

I'd like to be twenty one (again). :twisted:
Oh, you mean the car count! :oops:
But even at seventy four I would be in trouble calling the missus an old jalopy! [OUCH! sorry dear] :roll:

TAC

Reaction score
Look forward to seeing more details of this event when they are posted :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Here is the official attendance list so far

The definitive attendance list. If your name isn’t on here then you we don’t know that you are attending.

Official Attendance List!

Kez Thirkettle and John + Meet and Greet
2. Jude Braggins
3. Sharon Mason and Bri + Meet and Greet
4. Stephen Gray and Marie
5. Suzi Ellis and Martin
6. Warren Breeze
7. Jeff Rczash and Ash CoPilot + Meet and Greet
8. Matthew Dunn
9. Pam Parsons
10. Roger Hutton and Karen
11. Natalie Wright
12. Tina Katsighiras
13. Neilgsxr69 + 1 (Forum) + Meet and Greet
14. Steffanie Ward + Meet and Greet
15. Verminator (Les and Karen) + Meet and Greet
16. Clive Brocklehurst
17. Paul Carter and Angela
18. Tony Cunnington and Sammy
19. Marc Shaw
20. Sophie Ree
21. Michelle Roberts and Ian
22. Wez Zzo
23. Sawboman (Trevor and Pat (Forum) + Meet and Greet
24. Plecodoras (Mick + 1) + Meet and Greet
25. Paul Shufflebotham + Meet and Greet
26. Stephen Mark Scott

RCZ1

Reaction score
We now have 33 cars down for the 10 year celebration day on the 12 July 2020.

Many of Owners are making a weekend of it which means that they are also attending the Meet and Greet on the Saturday. This will involve a small drive followed by meal at The Lion, Blakey Ridge. This will take place late afternoon / evening.

Furthermore, We would like to secure the adjoining Elvington Air Field to do some parade laps around the track in the afternoon (Sunday) which costs £600. We asked members on the Owners Group if they would be willing to pay £20 each car to secure the track. This was based on current number of 30 cars on the list. Obviously the more people we get attending the cheaper it would become and the final price would be based on final numbers. We are working very hard to secure sponsorship so the price may decrease even more. Without exception, this was agreed by the Owners, which we are so pleased about.

I have a list of accommodation for anyone that may be interested in attending for the full weekend. Please comment here if you require the list.