What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

can we have a chat box!? private members lounge?

A

Anonymous

please its much easier to communicated without having to pm or start a new post

thanks! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Re: can we have a chat box!?

daniellll.bee said:
please its much easier to communicated without having to pm or start a new post

thanks! :thumbup:

I am happy to put forward your suggestion daniellll.bee.

A

Anonymous

dany this has been asked before as a private members lounge and nothing happened PM Tony he's the man for this

A

Anonymous

Guys can you provide me examples on other forums what you are talking about as i have never seen a similar thing done on this type of forum.

I'll have a look what add ons there are for this forum but not sure it's available. If we are talking about the same thing, It might be worth having a third party system running like google chat or messenger. This is a public forum and there are many services out there for private chat. It's a matter if they can be integrated on here.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
dany this has been asked before as a private members lounge and nothing happened PM Tony he's the man for this

I cannot see the logic to this. Who will have access to is lounge and what will be in there? Other fourms charge an annual membership fee. I can set up a lounge in minutes and happily charge you for the privilage to access it but what will it provide you in return? Unlike other sites, money has never been a driving force behind this one, thats why it's not run like a business and that's why apart from enough advertisement to keep this site going you are not subjected to and bombarded with constant and irrelevant adverts.

Now I'm not a member of these on other sites so I might be missing out, but given the thread and post counts displayed, I usually think I'm not missing out.

Saying that, user experience is important to me and I want to keep users coming back so if this will help, let me know.

A

Anonymous

You dont even have to have it as a members thing just aslong as there signed up!
Look at 207oc.com they have a decent setup with the chat box!

A

Anonymous

daniellll.bee said:
You dont even have to have it as a members thing just aslong as there signed up!
Look at 207oc.com they have a decent setup with the chat box!

Thanks, I'll look into it. Thats actually a different kind of forum but I've had a look and there are upgrades for this one which will cater for chat facility. Let me check out the pros and cons and will revert.

A

Anonymous

Private Member Forum - Having considered this, we will not be proceeding. I think all the information/discounts should be available to all users. As far as I can see, a private members areas have restricted access based on a membership fee or post count. Why should user 'A' who contributes daily not get the same benefits of user 'B' who has never posted on here but paid a membership fee. Likewise, why should user 'C' who has a 1,000 post count have access while user 'D' with a post count of 100 not have access. This will encourage posting quantity rather than quality and I do not see these as adding value to the forum to any of the users.

Chat Box - This can be implemented very easily and cheaply but I think will create a number of issues. For example, it will be impossible to moderate. If a conversation gets out of hand, as it is live it can deteriorate very quickly especially given the number of keyboard warriors on here. While there are chat logs, the only option would be a zero tolerance automatic ban for users. It's fair also to say that the chat facility will be predominately used for general chat and while this benefits the forum in that it brings users together, it wont really add to the content or experience for the majority. Any RCZ related content will be lost and not searchable to the 99.9% users not involved in the actual chat room at that time. The chat box therefore is not a no for now. I will log on to the said chat forum and play around a bit more and may come back in future on this one.