What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Can I apply a very light polish if I have paint protect?

A

Anonymous

G'day All,

Was giving Nigella a wash yesterday and as I was drying her off, my hands running along her curves, my eyes drinking in the very sight of her... Sorry I drifted off there. So anyway, as I was drying her off I noticed there is very light swilrs all through the fricken paint. Checking out another thread here would suggest it has been from the car being washed with a foam pad, or not paying enough attention to cleaning between applications. Needless to say it wasn't us as we two bucket and microfibre all the way :evil:

We had a paint protect pack called Crystal Elements applied during sale (which I now realise was probably not worth the money it cost, but live and learn) and while I would like to give the car a polish with the lightest glaze possible to see if I can get rid of the swirls I am wondering if this will undo the paint protection?

I could call the dealer but it is a public holiday here and to be honest I would rather ask the crowd for actual experience than spin.

Thanks in advance.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Glenn, I was lost in the story at the beginning of your post in the love story that is Nigella..... :D

Sorry to hear about your paint problems. I had similar problems on my last car which had a paint protection on it (it was in the days before I discovered detailing!). I used a polish on mine to try and get rid of the swirls and water marks which were underneath the protection. In the end I removed all the paint protection and detailed the car properly to get it looking better than the day it came out of the showroom.

You can try a gentler polish to work on specific areas to see if that improves things but if it's under the protection...... :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

There is a good chance that the swirls were there prior to the paint protection being applied in the showroom

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1 - not what I wanted to hear, but suspected it would be the case.

Figo - that is what I suspect too. Wrote the dealer a terse email today (paint least of my issues so far).

A

Anonymous

It sounds like you're having a few problems Glenn. Any issues youd like to share with us or are they dealer related?

A

Anonymous

G'day Mate,

Just some niggling issues which due to terrible a lack of co-ordination and organisation has been seriously diluting our enjoyment. The RCZ has been fantastic - when we have it (7 days lost in less than a month).