What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Can anyone recommend a Fault Code Reader please?

thornebt

Reaction score
It would be useful to have a fault code reader to plug into the OBDII socket to list faults associated with the engine fault light etc. There seem to be a range of these readers on Ebay for as little as a tenner each (mostly from China) but it seems that they don't all work for Peugeot models. I've had confirmation from one seller that the U480 model doesn't work for the RCZ. Has anyone bought one that definitely works or knows of a reader that does please?

Also, assuming that I do find a suitable reader can anyone tell me where the OBDII socket is located? I think they're generally in the dash area.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
The OBD II port is at the bottom of the centre console behind the rubber tray (which you have to remove for access - it just pulls out).

Regarding code readers, you can get them quite cheaply - particularly if you use them with a smart phone. However, be aware that you need to make sure you get not compatible with your phone, Apple or Android. Readers comparitible with Apple seem to be a bit more expensive. I think this seems to be due to the fact they have to be wifi, not blu tooth for Apple. Android types can be bought of eBay or amazon for about a fiver. Apple types seem to be about a tener.

I bought one a few months ago for my iPhone via amzon from MobilScan - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D ... UTF8&psc=1. (Currently out of stock) but can be ordered via the MobilScan web site: http://www.mobilscan.dk/2/en/products.html

The app was free and seems capable of reading fault codes. I used it on my GT 200.

thornebt

Reaction score
Thanks Pete. Unfortunately I don't have a smart phone so I'm just after a reader that plugs in. I've been doing some more research on the web but there's a huge range at widely varying prices. I think the key thing is that it is CAN 11bit compliant but I'm not completely sure. The search goes on...