What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Caliper Colour?

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
Mike...any pics of your work? Cheers

Sorry for the delay, the weather has not been conducive to photography, apologies also for the grubby condition of the car and the slightly rusty disks.

Here you go.

A

Anonymous

mikepy said:
bokepacha said:
According to the last picture, FGRob painted the calipers by removing them of the car, because the brakes itself are not painted.

I was checking yesterday a 308CC forum about this, as those brakes should be almost the same as ours. They paint the calipers using spray (the way I like) but they paint tinny part that FGRob didn't paint. They say it's not a problem itself, it will just take a little harder to remove the brake later.

Have anyone tried to paint the capilers were they are fit on the wheel? I plan to do it this next week.

I painted my calipers today, well 3 out of 4 before darkness descended, I wiil do the last one tomorrow. I used smooth Hammerite, I thought blue would go nicely with silver, sorry Mercury Grey without being too "in your face" like red, and they do look good, if you are careful you can do it in situ, using small and large brushes, I thought about using masking tape, but in the end did'nt bother and it was ok if a little fiddly to do. :)

Hi Mikepy,
what kind of brushes did you use, how many layers did you put on and about how long time did it take for one wheel?
I'm really interested in doing the same when I get my RCZ.
Interesting that you didn't have to mask the bake disc etc, so Hammerite doesn't drip or spill anything?
Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I used a half inch nylon bristle brush for most of the work, and a smaller brush for the edges and fiddly work. It took about 40 minutes for each rear caliper and about 45 for each front caliper, as Hammerite is fairly thick if you don't thin it, I used one coat, and being thick it does'nt drip or run too much.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I started work on 'Great White' yesterday, did front right but it needed a second coating with the smooth Hammerite I bought. I did the front left today and will do the rear tomorrow. I used a1/2 inch brush for the job and very happy with the result so far. Will post some pictures as soon as soon as the job is finished. Thanks for the feed back and help.
BTW I opted for Black! My son will not be very happy with my choice, he wanted them in RED.....

Bugia
Malta

1.6 Petrol Opel White.
Black Leather Seats
Black Mirrors
19’’ Sortilege Black Onyx
Easy Motion Pack

AND TWO BLACK CALIPERS!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Re: Caliper Colour? Black !!

Job done and completed, it took me couple of hours, cleaning masking and finally painting. I opted for black. Attached are a few photos, hope they help those who are interested in doing the job themselves. Off for a beer now! :beer:

Attachments

• Comp Rear R.jpg
    Comp Rear R.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,947
  • Comp Front R.jpg
    Comp Front R.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,946
  • Prep Rear R.jpg
    Prep Rear R.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,946
A

Anonymous

Hmm going to do this myself, wondering if the best way without removing them is to use a plastic bag, that way you can poke it over the caliper and under, protecting everything but the bit you need to paint (do this with polishing my Sam Brown, when im too lazy to take all the brass of the leather)!

A

Anonymous

mikepy said:
ValleNorte said:
Mike...any pics of your work? Cheers

Sorry for the delay, the weather has not been conducive to photography, apologies also for the grubby condition of the car and the slightly rusty disks.

Here you go.

I have the same colour scheme on my GT200. I think I will do my Calipers in either red or yellow.

FGRob

Reaction score
I've got a unique colour - black and silver thanks to my local dealer, watch the chemicals they do cause issues if left on too long.