What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Caliper Colour?

A

Anonymous

I was quoted silly money to have the brake calipers in Black on booking , so I opted not to upgrade. Now that I have had the car delivered I regret it. I am mulling over if I should have them painted, doing the job myself. The car being an Opal White, and 19’’ Sortilege Black Onyx, the brake calipers are surely the wrong colour.
Colour? I would go for? Black[/b ?] But my son thinks that they would look better in Red.

Any comments would be appreciated as for ; Colour and what Paint should one use. I did bump into this site on the net: .co.ukhttp://www.foliatecshop/shop/foliatec ... -p-80.html :clap:

Bugia
Malta

1.6 Petrol Opel White.
Black Leather Seats
Black Mirrors
19’’ Sortilege Black Onyx
Easy Motion Pack

Attachments

• DSC05127.JPG
    DSC05127.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 7,542
A

Anonymous

Black would be cool but red would really make a statement! I'd like red on my black RCZ so I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Cheers
Scarlet

A

Anonymous

I've got black brake calipers on mine and to be totally honest I think they are a complete waste of money. You can't really tell they are black unless you look closely. Red would definately show up much better.

A

Anonymous

I've got black and really like them, but RED........wow, knockout!!!

If red had been available as an option, reckon I would have chosen them myself! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Ummm....Yep, reckon you should go for Red..............................if you want to :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSC05127.JPG
    DSC05127.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 7,507
A

Anonymous

Yeah the cost from Peugeot is very expensive.. I have Red 4 Pot AP callipers on my MGTF and they still need topped up and calliper paint can be bought on ebay for like £5. Perfect results.

DIY and do it sooner than later! Less grime and crap to clean up prior to painting!

FGRob

Reaction score
I've used several types of caliper paint, the best results and simplest to apply was Smoothrite, some ot the two pack paints once mixed don't give you much time. :shock:

I've gone for the more stealth look with my 2 - black, reds OK if you have red elsewhere on the car, not going to bother with the RZC, the silver still looks OK as I don't use chemicals to clean the wheels. ;)

Here's what it looks like with Smoothrite - which is available in different colours:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

nelliebear said:
I want red shoes please! Lawrence would look so cool
Here you go, nelliebear. Lawrence should approve :lol: :

Attachments

• red shoes.jpg
    red shoes.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 7,474
A

Anonymous

I would like to thank all of you for the comments and help, mostly to FGRob :clap: for the info and picture and to MARTHAMAY22 for the work carried out on the picture with photo shop,nice work :clap: . Does RED look right???
The only problem buying paint from UK is that it is not allowed to be sent via air mail, so I'll be having a look locally.
Once I decide on colour and have them painted, I will post photos. But please do keep this tread alive with more information and comments. :clap:

Bugia

Malta

1.6 Petrol Opel White.
Black Leather Seats
Black Mirrors
Easy Motion Pack
Caliper Colour ???? :?:

A

Anonymous

Yup that's me - over 90 pairs of shoes. Love em!!!!! :p They are considerably cheaper than RCZs or I'd collect them in every colour too :lol:

A

Anonymous

Very interesting, this is exactly what I want to do. Still can't believe Peugeot offered black calipers for extra $$$ but didn't include the classic red color as option.
Well well, we'll have to do it ourselves. My local dealer told me straight away that it's much cheaper to get it done somewhere else than at Peugeot, so they basically declined.
Bugia, my advice is red! And the link you posted didn't work completely, I think this is the one you meant to post:
http://www.foliatecshop.co.uk/shop/foli ... -p-80.html

@Scarlet, BangorRCZ... Imelda Marcos, LOL :)

A

Anonymous

According to the last picture, FGRob painted the calipers by removing them of the car, because the brakes itself are not painted.

I was checking yesterday a 308CC forum about this, as those brakes should be almost the same as ours. They paint the calipers using spray (the way I like) but they paint tinny part that FGRob didn't paint. They say it's not a problem itself, it will just take a little harder to remove the brake later.

Have anyone tried to paint the capilers were they are fit on the wheel? I plan to do it this next week.

A

Anonymous

bokepacha said:
According to the last picture, FGRob painted the calipers by removing them of the car, because the brakes itself are not painted.

I was checking yesterday a 308CC forum about this, as those brakes should be almost the same as ours. They paint the calipers using spray (the way I like) but they paint tinny part that FGRob didn't paint. They say it's not a problem itself, it will just take a little harder to remove the brake later.

Have anyone tried to paint the capilers were they are fit on the wheel? I plan to do it this next week.

I painted my calipers today, well 3 out of 4 before darkness descended, I wiil do the last one tomorrow. I used smooth Hammerite, I thought blue would go nicely with silver, sorry Mercury Grey without being too "in your face" like red, and they do look good, if you are careful you can do it in situ, using small and large brushes, I thought about using masking tape, but in the end did'nt bother and it was ok if a little fiddly to do. :)

A

Anonymous

Mikepy,
Thanks for the contribution on the tread. I was thinking of using smooth Hammerite paint myself though in black. Hope my son is not reading this as he still thinks RED is the right colour.
Bugia
Malta

1.6 Petrol Opel White.
Black Leather Seats
Black Mirrors
Easy Motion Pack