What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Buying an RCZ

Craigneukbhoy

Reaction score
Hi folks

Thinking of changing my Volvo c30 2.0d & getting an RCZ diesel.

The question is should I go for it?

If I do take the plunge then what should I look out for when buying one? Any obvious issues or tell-tale signs of abuse? And would you guys still buy this car again over similar manufacturers models. I've never owned a French car so need a little insight.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there I have a Hdi 2014 Mercury grey RCZ and love it so much that I got one for the wife white Hdi.....
The things to look for is the jacking points for damage, middle brake light for LEDs out as replacement £200, service history, mileage,.... High spec Eg Xenon lights, leather interior, sat nav, black pack,.....
Happy hunting...
Les n Co

Craigneukbhoy

Reaction score
Hi there I have a Hdi 2014 Mercury grey RCZ and love it so much that I got one for the wife white Hdi.....
The things to look for is the jacking points for damage, middle brake light for LEDs out as replacement £200, service history, mileage,.... High spec Eg Xenon lights, leather interior, sat nav, black pack,.....
Happy hunting...
Les n Co
Thanks for the heads up. Is the jacking point particularly weak? I've seen a few rcz mots on potential cars having faulty rear leds so obviously an inherent manufacturer fault.

wilsofar

Reaction score
It is a weak point but as I don’t have a jack or spare wheel the only time wheels are off is at tyre dealer or service at garage when they don’t use the jacking points anyway !

Rear LED brake lightcan be had new fairly reasonably from Europe -it may have changed since Brexit-I think a couple of years ago for under £150.

2retro

Reaction score
They're as reliable as any modern car - no more, no less. A lot depends on how it's been looked after so far...

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Had mine 7 years, probably one of the most reliable cars I’ve had. Like 2retro says, they just need looking after properly. Especially keep the oil level to the top mark on the dipstick.
Mk1’s had a few more issues than the MKII’s but they should have all been sorted by now with modified parts, so other than normal wear & tear they should be as reliable as any other car of a similar age & mileage.