What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Buying a RCZ Hi guys , I was looking to buy a 2015 1.6 petrol 200HP

halley

Reaction score
Hi there guys I was looking to buy a 2015 RCZ GT line 1.6 200HP with 20k miles and when I read some reviews about engine problems and clutch problem, I just wondered if these problem are still there on the 2015 model thanks

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Clutch issues are not common on the RCZ a few have had issues but not many, the timing chain is a common issue the kit along with the actual engine on the 200 is a second generation unit, the timing kit will still cause problems if not looked after properly, you need to use 0-30w Total ineo first oil and keep the level topped up to max on the dipstick regular checks are a must as some engines use a little oil.
Your low mileage GTline would be a safe bet and quite a rare car as not many were made

halley

Reaction score
Thank for that , it helpful , I also read something about carbon build up in the engine and some engine failure , heads etc and just wondered if later cars produced, problem were rectified

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Some have reported major head problems but rare thankfully, carbon build up on inlet valves can be an issue on any direct injection engine but I wouldn’t say it’s a common issue.
Some updated parts were fitted to mk2 cars but some problems still persist.