What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Buyer's guide?

us3000

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum prospective buyer. I can't find a current 'buyers guide' sort of writeup for buying a used RCZ in 2023 - apologies if I've missed an obvious forum post somewhere!

In about 6 months I'm changing job role to something that will see me doing frequent runs down to the west country. I've just got the one car at the moment which is the wife's daily driver as i rarely need it, but after the job change I'll need another car. Looking at cars that are reasonably frugal to run up and down the m5, cheap to insure, tax, and service, have practical boot space, are cheap to buy, and most importantly are as fun as a second car allows; the RCZ fits the bill somewhat. Note I don't need 100% reliability as in extremis I can short term veto the wife's claim to the other car as she works locally - it's a seat leon which is perfectly nice but I'd like something different from another VAG; so no scirocco or TT.

Assume a budget of about £7500 and interest in a 200hp petrol (Bristol ULEZ), where's the money best spent? Is a higher mileage face-lift better than a low mileage older model? Could a high mileage dirt cheap older model be worth an engine refurb?! I've mostly been concerned about engine problems but are there other reasonably expected maintenance expenditures like clutch or suspension I should be factoring in?

Apologies again if I'm asking already answered questions. These cars just seem to be going anomalously cheap in the current market.

Pedro

Reaction score
The 200 is like the R recognised as the better option if you want a higher spec & power without thrashing the bollock's out of the engine however as Verm say's you should try & find one with a historic record of what's been done as per servicing & repairs if I was selling mine this is what a record of a fairly well looked after owner serviced version may look like to a buyer it may give you a insight into what may be needed to keep it running almost perfect

Attachments

• Service record 200GT.PNG
    Service record 200GT.PNG
    170 KB · Views: 17