What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Buy a 200?

jasep41

Reaction score
Hi
200 in Irvine, Scotland, 7.5 asking, 60k miles, 2 owners, FSH, should I buy? I think 7k reasonable no? 7 months mot left.
Appreciate advice. This is for a daily commute of 44 miles a day to work, and some fun at weekends! Thanks

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Hi mate, my thoughts, strong money, no mention of service history assume it doesn’t have any then, number plates covered up, big no no for me, description vague at best.
could be stunning though, pictures look good, worth a view if your local, don’t assume he/she will take £500 off the price unless they said so

jasep41

Reaction score
Hi mate, my thoughts, strong money, no mention of service history assume it doesn’t have any then, number plates covered up, big no no for me, description vague at best.
could be stunning though, pictures look good, worth a view if your local, don’t assume he/she will take £500 off the price unless they said so
Thanks for Yr opinion 👍 it doesn't say FSH so I'll ask about that

Pedro

Reaction score
Check the MOT advises if any also only look at it only when the engine is cold as you may hear chain rattle on start up if it disappears after the warm up cycle on cold start has gone off then it may be alright plus look at the exhaust tips for any sooty deposits & check the oil level !

Kenneth

Reaction score
I just bought that very car😂

service history was full, plenty of receipts. It has been a demonstrator car with one owner since. No noises or scary rattles so far. Will see how it goes but I will do whatever needs done. It’s a beautiful car. As for the guys in the garage, they were both fine. And could have got another car cheaper from elsewhere but it would have meant long distance travel and possibly expensive delivery. So as it’s on my doorstep near enough I just went for it. I’ll be keeping it for as long as possible. It was serviced before I took it away. New oil, plugs, coils etc. fingers crossed 😜

I’ve had many floopy highly strung engined cars before so this doesn’t particularly scare me but you can always unearth a lemon. Thoroughly enjoying I so far. 👍🏼

Kenneth

Reaction score
And they stuck it through the MOT so it’s got a full year on it now. Dunno why they didn’t say FSH and full year MOT on advert. Might have shifted it a bit earlier. I swithered on it for a while before going for it. The guys running the place were fine. But I was buying and not coming back at them with any snags. I won’t be using them anyway as it’s not THAT near me.

jasep41

Reaction score
Good luck with it! They certainly had it for a while, it disapeared then came back on. Hopefully it will serve you well.

Kenneth

Reaction score
Good luck with it! They certainly had it for a while, it disapeared then came back on. Hopefully it will serve you well.
Yeah I saw it when it first came on and like everyone else i dismissed it based on what everyone here said. But I noticed it came back up and decided to go and look. Glad I did. It’s not cheap compared to what I COULD have spent but anything else right now meant travel, and delivery costs etc so it wasn’t wildly out with what I was prepared to pay. It will get whatever needs done going forward regardless but it’s the version I wanted and it’s very clean and everything works. At the moment 😜

I really wanted another Lancia Flavia coupe, but that’s for another day. And those do involve foreign travel and heavy wedge. And lots of engine fettling 🙄 Not fast cars but very beautiful. The RCZ is beautiful and fast enough for the likes of me.